Internet Speed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Veyronman, May 27, 2016.

1. New Uni, new you:
    [​IMG]

2. Fuuuuuuu........ I still only get like 60mbps down. Where is my gigabit fibre already

3. Dat ping

ETB4U likes this.
  4. I knew he was a cyborg from the future. Probably on some quantum entanglement connection.

5. Imagine call of duty on that ping

Would be owning noobs

Aych Es Vee likes this.
  6. how does this affect the opening of 65 tabs of streaming video

work videos

for work

7. HD video is about ~5Mb/s, so you should have no problem with 65 tabs of work videos.

For work.

8. now i can sort by Duration

9. Are these intergalactic internet speeds the same as owning a 1,000hp car in Manhattan: you make no full use of it, but showing off the numbers around makes your dick larger?

10. I just signed over to a 250down/250up internet service. Once they come install the hardware I will let you know the real speeds.

Right now I pay for internet 150.
    I actually get 100down/25up on 5g
    And about 10Down/8up on 2.4

Screenshot_20180216-233515.jpg

11. Since mine was my work connection it's actually significant. We move data around between the local department and faculty clusters, Compute Canada infrastructure, and local machines a lot. Even just a single-test-case data set (either computational or experimental) runs around a TB. Once they're localized to a lab group, they are usually stored on off-campus servers and streamed to local machines instead of stored locally, since we use the Google G Suite as our productivity and cloud provider and its way cheaper and easier to organize than a local fileserver (as long as you have the bandwidth to do that).

Although if I'm torrenting a movie or something I totes do it from work.

12. Finally got my new internet hooked up
    Screenshot_20180228-212814.jpg
    Pretty good.
    They offer gigabit service for 150$ a month. I may try it. But took their 250 service for now. With a home phone line and tv for 125$ a month.

That speed is obviously over WiFi. The LAN is actually closer to 275up and down with near to 0 ping

13. Pretty happy with this, upgraded to 100 Mbps cable from ancient DSL, and then recently the ISP doubled the speed for free.

Attached Files: