Is it me or...

Discussion in '2002 Laraki Fulgura Concept' started by blaze4eva, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Is it me or...

why would this only be made to accelerate to 60? its probalby just the gear ratios that limit it to 205.

2. is 2500 lbs extremely light for 720 HP?

on a different note: wouldn't it be nice if a supercar maker did something different for a change?
    This car is beautiful, don't get me wrong,
    But I wonder if is possible to make a supercar that looks more like, say, an 88 Fiero? But hi-tech...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Is it me or...

Yes the Fulgura is a very light car, and this supercar is likely very quick off the start. An amazing car, and it adds yet another small country to the growing list of countries harboring exotic carcompanies! <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Is it me or...

This car is either VERY inefficient or it has been set up to accelerate to 60mph like a rocket. It is roughly 500kg lighter than the diablo 6.0 VT and has 170 bhp more yet it's top speed is only 205.

5. Re: Is it me or...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FogOfSorrow</i>
    <b>is 2500 lbs extremely light for 720 HP?

on a different note: wouldn't it be nice if a supercar maker did something different for a change?
    This car is beautiful, don't get me wrong,
    But I wonder if is possible to make a supercar that looks more like, say, an 88 Fiero? But hi-tech...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It all has to do with the material it is made from.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Is it me or...

ya i say its gotta be the gears, and the materials its made out of.
    and this car is so Lambro it looks kinda like the murcilago(SP?).
    cool car all around, i like it.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Is it me or...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PS2GT3</i>
    <b>the murcilago(SP?)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

murcielago<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Is it me or...

Also, no one cares about topspeed anymore. If you buy one of these cars, and you want to take it up to 250mph, get a new tranny. The McLaren F1 pretty much settled that record, so no one competes (except, apparently, VW.) Ferrari hasn't even bothered with topspeed since the Testarossa. It's not useful, so they use the gear ratios for something that's useful: acceleration.

I'm sure that the aerodynamics are good enough to keep this car stable well above 205, but they wanted this to be an extreme road and road course car. So it wouldn't win at NASCAR, who cares? It'll go freakin fast in the blink of an eye and it'll look good doing it.

This car has an outstanding power/weight ratio. If they didn't screw it up too badly, they could have made a kickass car here. The Sultan of Brunei should be very pleased.<!-- Signature -->