Is it Really a Worthy Successor?

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Christianmc, Aug 10, 2002.

1. #1 Christianmc, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure if this car is as good as it could be. Don't get me wrong, I love this car and I think it's sweet, and the fact that it's a Lamborghini makes it that much better. I was also relieved to see that the car actually looked good, because I got a little scared they might mess it up when I saw the Canto (which was butt ugly).

However, the fact that it is supposed to be the successor to the Diablo means it has enormous shoes to fill. Personally, I always thought that how the back end of a car looks is more important than how the front end looks. The back of the Diablo is pure genius, and I would have liked to see a little more of it in the Murcielago. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it, but I predict that within a few years, Lamborghini will drop whatever those black things are under the back lights of the murcielago, or atleast color-coat them (they should keep the black engine cover the same, though).

I suppose that I will have to see the Murcielago in action before I can decide if it is worthy of Diablo status. Judge for yourselves, though; watch these movies of a Diablo 6.0 skidding around a corner.

Here is the link:
    http://www.racecar.co.uk/roadtest/diabloVTroadtest/main.htm

Tell me the back of the car is not the best! It looks good at every angle!

2. Re: Is it Really a Worthy Successor?

Sorry peoples. The topic on the front of this folder says there are 3 replies to this folder, but I can't read any of them, I don't know why. All I can see is my post.

Anyways, I think I'm going to disagree with my original statement, because the Murcielago is starting to grow on me. The "black things under the back lights" look good now, and I think they should keep them; it's the black engine cover that I don't care about. Kind of a wierd change in opinion, I know.

Oh, as I said before, I can't read any of your posts for some reason so I can't reply to them; I have no idea what you wrote.