Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

Discussion in '1994 BMW 850 CSi' started by MaleStripper, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

I don't think so, that's b/s<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

nope!<!-- Signature -->

3. So, i heard a rumor that said that this BMW's engine is the same engine that is used in some Lamborghini. So did BMW buy the blueprints for this engine from Lamborghini? HELP!!!

4. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

I doubt it. BMW has a long history of building there own engines! They make the engines for the Maclaren! I don't know why they would use the same engine as the Lambo, but I suspect that if they do, it is Lamborghini using a BMW powerplant.

5. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

as a owner of a BMW 850CSI, the engine is made by BMW motorsport. It says on the engine "POWERED BY ///M".

6. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

as a owner of a BMW 850CSI, the engine is made by BMW motorsport. It says on the engine "POWERED BY ///M".

7. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

bmw wouldn't borow the engine for a production car <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

no they didn't, u r gettin confused with the BMW M1 that was made by Lamborghini for BMW<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Is the cars engine a copy from Lamborghini?

Actually, the engine of the M1 was the only part that BMW designed and manufactured themselves. The multi tube chassis was done by Marchesi and the bodywork by Trasformazione Italiana Resina, both in association with Lamborghini.<!-- Signature -->