IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by DANVM, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

the car isnt seeing production, but the engine is. and it is obvious that most concepts dont reach production

2. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

WOW STOP AT THE ENZO!!!!!!!!!!

Okay i was at the CIAS(Canadian International Auto Show) I saw the Cien( i was ina picture from it and saw it from all angles excluding bottom(i ain't care for that right now).

The Cien looks great but alot better in pictures! As for the Enzo...OMG! I saw it from 10 feet away( there was the bar there and my buddy from Ferrari of Ontario wasn't there) and it looked amazing..and i gotanother sales rep to take pics of it...The pics really downgrade the car.

3. Re:
    IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

guess that caddilac's makin a big mistake not putin this in limited production.

4. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

**** Supercars.net!!!!!

5. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

That is bad I would have loved to own one. It looks great. They could have also tested it before they declared they wouldn't produce it

6. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

yeah I know, but i really wish they were...

7. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

GM maybe are not going to produce this car, but i think that they are going to change it a little and put some more stuff in it and put it on conveir in the next 3-4 years. I`m not sure but in the next years we will see something good from them.

8. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

even if they made it would any of u #$%#ers buy one...
    so they are not gonna make it for nothing buncha goofs!!!

9. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Would have been nice to see this baby on the streets.

10. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

yeah for sure this would have been a nice addition to our roads

11. it might be

This was poster by moore_rb-

OMG!!!

Sit down before reading this. It could be life changing....

An old friend of mine who is a GM Powertrain Tech in Warren, MI called me out of the blue today (4pm AZ time). I haven't talked to him since our daughter was born this past July. Anyway, he said he just found out they got their budget to do beta development on the "C7's" powertrain. I said , C7? You guys haven't started selling C6's yet!

He say's all this talk of the "Blue Devil" C6 is misinformation meant to keep the journalists at bay. He says there won't be a "Blue Devil" version of the C6. He said that there will be a Z06 or Z07 (as yet undetermined) version of C6 that will be a 2006 model. It will make 50-75 more HP than the C6's LS2.

Here's where it gets interesting:

He says the "C7" will be out, possibly in 07, more likely in 08, and that GM will sell BOTH platforms concurrently.

Both cars will carry the Corvette badge, but each will be significantly different in design, layout, and capability.

Are you sitting down?

He says the C7 is MID-ENGINED. The chassis is coming from the Cadillac Cien concept car, and the price tag WILL be north of 100 grand. They are targetting the Lamborghini Murcielago as the performance benchmark. I asked about the engine layout (OHC, multi valve, aspiration), but he wouldn't tell me. He just said I'd love it.

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt, but this is the same guy who told me in July that the C6 had exposed headlights, an open cowl, and that the interior looked like a reworked C5's.
    I trust him. I'm gonna FREAK if he turns out right again.

Of course I will continue badgering the hell out of him to keep leaking info. And no, none of you can know his name. I don't want to lose him his job.