It's headed for production!

Discussion in '2001 Chrysler Crossfire Concept' started by BYBYCOPS, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I was on Chrysler.com the other day and I read that they have decided to produce the Crossfire. Pretty cool, huh? Unfortunately, they'll probably tone down the styling a lot : (. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: It's headed for production!

Hm, I hope it'll work. They are going to use the Mercedes SLK platform by building this car.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: It's headed for production!

They probably won't tone down the styling very much. They will only add DOT-legal bumpers and smaller wheels.

4. Re: It's headed for production!

And maybe that bar in the windshield will have to go.

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: It's headed for production!

indeed, have u seen the pics of the real thing
    I liked the front end, I think it looks nice and retains a lot of the spirit of the concept...
    and yeah, the line in the windshield is no more...
    the rear end though looks a bit controversial to me, it looks busy I guess...
    take a look<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: It's headed for production!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sniper</i>
    <b>And maybe that bar in the windshield will have to go.

keep the faith</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><!-- Signature -->

7. Re: It's headed for production!

mabey the whole top half will have to go<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: It's headed for production!

WHA!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: It's headed for production!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Screamer</i>
    <b>mabey the whole top half will have to go</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uhhm. maybe the whole car should be redesigned to resemble the concept car a bit more<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: It's headed for production!

Its a decent looking car
    although i can make fun of most types of cars, this one looks decent
    thumbs up to crysler for making a non-crack-addict looking car

"My other ride's your girlfriend"

11. Re: It's headed for production!

Absolutely right, I like this car. All the way from the styling to the 275 horse. This should be a pretty sweet car to see driving around. I personally would love to have one.

12. Re: It's headed for production!

yeah it looks cool but the production one only has 215 hp :-(

13. Re: It's headed for production!

Car and Driver had a small article about how the styling for the production version isn't much different from the concept. The biggest difference really is that the headlights are horizontal not vertical as in the concept.

14. Re: It's headed for production!

Yep. They always do.