I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

Discussion in '1994 BMW 850 CSi' started by Buko, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Where can I find more info about this car? Aditionaly, are they still making the series?

-Buko-<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

your new to cars arent you? the 8 series was the luxo cruiser that had performance too. no they dont make it anymore, but i wish they would. :)<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

But the coolest wan is bmw 850 csi
    and very sad that stop the produktion

4. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

But the coolest wan is bmw 850 csi
    and very sad that stop the produktion

5. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

Yeah, it's a shame, that they took it out of production. It was so nice and powerfull!
    And plaece make an handsome replacement for this exceptional car!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

GREAT car!!!
    I agree, it is sad that they don't make it any more. but u know BMW, always come up with better replacements

7. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

GREAT car!!!
    I agree, it is sad that they don't make it any more. but u know BMW, always come up with better replacements

8. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

GREAT car!!!

9. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

i did saw one and its a very cool bmw.

10. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

Yes
    they dropped the 8 -Series because of its sluggish sales (less than 2000 in 1995 in the US) and the increasingly strong emission regulations all over the world.

Anywayz this car is really great, I've seen a few downb here in mexico, there's this 1993 black 850CSi that i see almost everyday when i go to school. And man the engine sound makes me feel like i'm in heaven.

Motor Trend once called the BMW 8, the "perfect GT" =)

Ivanhoe!
    -----------------
    Drive faster!

11. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

i read in a magazine that they might replace it with a new 635 coupe<!-- Signature -->

12. #12 GSR, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Buko</i>
    <b>Where can I find more info about this car? Aditionaly, are they still making the series?

-Buko-</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Buko! There's this site dedicated to the 850csi
    http://www.bmw850.de/

hope it helps!

13. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

they still sell the 840 in the uk the 4.4 V8 version, its 286bhp and around 320 ft lbs <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

THEY ARE MAKING A REPLACEMENT, THE 6 SERIES, AND IT LOOKS SWEET, AND THEY MIGHT COME OUT WITH AN M6

15. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

The 6 will look more like a 5 rather than the 8 it replaces.

16. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

The 6 series is no replacement for the 8 series. There already was a 6 series, and the new one will bring that one back, not the 8 series. I have had the pleasure of driving this beautiful machine (yes, the 850 CSI, and all the other kinds of 8 series) and i enjoyed every minute of it. I have no idea why this car didn't sell, and it's a shame. I would really like to see how the car would be now if production never stopped. It would probably have the M5 engine tuned highly though. There are too many problems with the BMW V-12.

17. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

I personally can't wait for the new 6 series. It's a sport-coupe, shaped similairly to the old British sport coupes, reminiscent of the M coupe...sort of a long front end, with a pod with seats in it, strapped on. It'll be more focused towards sport, especially in shape, than the older 6 series.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprBetl72</i>
    <b>The 6 series is no replacement for the 8 series. There already was a 6 series, and the new one will bring that one back, not the 8 series. I have had the pleasure of driving this beautiful machine (yes, the 850 CSI, and all the other kinds of 8 series) and i enjoyed every minute of it. I have no idea why this car didn't sell, and it's a shame. I would really like to see how the car would be now if production never stopped. It would probably have the M5 engine tuned highly though. There are too many problems with the BMW V-12.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 8-series was a replacement for the 6-series, which will now replace the 8-series again...<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

gopesh m where can i see a picture of this replacement u speak of

20. Re: I've never even heard of an 8 series BMW.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMWWILLLIE</i>
    <b>gopesh m where can i see a picture of this replacement u speak of
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The new autocar-magazine has a report on it...probably there are spy-photos on the net. They say it will have the looks which were shown on the Z9 concept car...<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: beautiful.

What problems do the V12's have. Our 850i is still running like brand new, just like our Ex Alpina B12 (E32).