I've seen one of htese and this car is ugly.

Discussion in '1948 Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta' started by PhantomDesignStudios, Jul 22, 2003.

1. I've seen one of htese and this car is ugly.

2. Its not one of the best looking ferraris, but the fact that its numeral uno says alot. I mean the original 260 cobra was an ugly car, but its a legand.

3. well yea it is pretty ugly...interesting engine makeup though..v12...1000 something pounds? 100 something bhp?somethings not right

4. By today's styling standards, this car might be considered ugly to those who cannot see correctly. Back in the 1950's, this was considered a dream car like ANY Ferrari should be. It's power, weight, and top speed are how they are because: 1. It has a very low displacement for a V12 by TODAY's standards (1995cc), so in other words it has a small engine. 2. They didn't have a lot of power-improving technology back then such as fuel injection and electronic engine management. 3. It's really light because it doesn't have a large engine, safety equipment, a huge engine; and has a n aluminum body and engine. 4. It's top speed was limited by the lack of power (140 bhp can only get a 1400 pound object moving so fast), the lack of exceptional aerodynamics (i'm just saying that they aren't really good) and the gearing probably didn't let it pass 110mph or so (it it were to ever reach that). Finally, the person who started this topic really should visit an automotive museum and be surrounded by older cars that he or she considers ugly and learn to respect these classics that have helped us to get to where we are today, and I doubt he saw one considering it was a Race car produced specifically for the Mille Miglia race in Italy, but then again, there were 33 produced. Learn to respect a Ferrari because it'll smoke whatever car you own or will ever be able to afford.

5. Are you out of your mind?? The car's proportions are amazing! It's stance only puts many nowadays supercars on a corner!

Like that hybrid green crap you got there!