KKK?

Discussion in '2001 Lotec Sirius' started by maynard5000, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Whats with the white power turbocharger? Are they really stupid enough to call them KKK turbos?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: KKK?

i forgot the meaning of the name now but its a turbocharger manufactuer. theve been called KKK for a long time, also the "white power" KKK is a US thing, KKK turbos is not. there is no relation, and they prolly didnt even know the other existed back when they started.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: KKK?

What about the SS camaro I drive, in Germany SS has a different meaning and a car would not have SS badges on it like in the US.
    It means super sport on the Camaro, but in Germany SS stands for Schutzstaffel and we view it as a symbol of hate and an embarrasing part of the country's past.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: KKK?

What about the SS camaro I drive, in Germany SS has a different meaning and a car would not have SS badges on it like in the US.
    It means super sport on the Camaro, but in Germany SS stands for Schutzstaffel and we view it as a symbol of hate and an embarrasing part of the country's past.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: KKK?

Mabey I'm just twisted but I think that's funny.

6. Re: KKK?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maynard5000</i>
    <b>Whats with the white power turbocharger? Are they really stupid enough to call them KKK turbos?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

KKK doesn't stand for the Klan dude, it's the german companys name which produces turbochargers ...<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: KKK?

RACISTS! MY BEST FRIEND IS BLACK!!!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: KKK?

oh shut up. bunch of pansys needin' somthin' to ***** about.

9. Re: KKK?

Lightning, you're an idiot. I was joking. My best friend is black, But I would doubt he cared. Lightning isn't an orginal name anyway.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: KKK?

EAGLE is a child toucher

11. Re: KKK?

EB110SS. Your very sick minded. Why the #$%# would you even put that! Is it your fantasy or something. GO EAT A COCK YOU CHILD RAPING QUIER! <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: KKK?

KKK is a jap turbo company.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: KKK?

hiya, im a newbie but im not new to cars.

from what i remember, the porsche 911 turbo (996) has the same torbo system named KKK.

14. Re: KKK?

The 996TT does use a pair of KKK turbochargers, but they are not the same system or in the same configuration as the ones on this car. The turbos on this car can run to a maximum of 1.2 bar (17.40453 psi), whereas the 996TT turbos can only run at 0.8 bar (11.60302 psi).<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: KKK?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from xzyge</i>
    <b>The 996TT does use a pair of KKK turbochargers, but they are not the same system or in the same configuration as the ones on this car. The turbos on this car can run to a maximum of 1.2 bar (17.40453 psi), whereas the 996TT turbos can only run at 0.8 bar (11.60302 psi).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

cool!

16. Re: KKK?

RUF used twin kkk turbos in the CTR2. its just the company's name

17. Re: KKK?

.8 bar on a 996 turbo? hahahahahahahahaha! maybe stock, but they can handle at least 45 psi (1 bar=14.7 psi, so roughly 3 bar!) woth the proper fuel support. of course, nobody ius stupid or crazy enough to do this...at least not yet...<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: KKK?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from xzyge</i>
    <b>The 996TT does use a pair of KKK turbochargers, but they are not the same system or in the same configuration as the ones on this car. The turbos on this car can run to a maximum of 1.2 bar (17.40453 psi), whereas the 996TT turbos can only run at 0.8 bar (11.60302 psi).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Turbos can be modified to run at a fairly wide variety of pressures; variable boost and boost timing technology is fairly old. You can tweak the 996 to output 500hp with the stock turbos. It cuts into reliability, but the point is that it would run at a pressure other than .8bar, maybe even 1.2bar. Adjust the wastegate, upgrade the ECU, and you've got yourself a higher performance car.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: KKK?

KKK is a german company, IHI is a japanese company

20. Re: KKK?

man i wish they made this car!

21. Re: KKK?

The two are not related.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: KKK?

KKK = Kühnle, Kopp & Kausch<!-- Signature -->

23. #23 Placid, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  24. Re: KKK?

ok thank you.