Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Squadra Corse

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by V8stangman, Aug 1, 2013.

1. #1 V8stangman, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Squadra Corse Brings Racing to the Street

Yet another edition of the Lamborghini Gallardo has been announced, the LP 570-4 Squadra Corse which aims to bring race track emotion to the road.

The Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse is the most extreme model in the Gallardo lineup and is based on the Gallardo Super Trofeo race car. The name Squadra Corse pays homage to the recently founded division within Lamborghini, which is in charge of all motorsports activities for the brand. Unique to the model is the same rear spoiler found on the race cars, a removable engine hood with a quick-release system, along with several components manufactured from carbon fiber, including the mentioned hood and spoiler.

The Squadra Corse Gallardo weighs in at a little over 2,950 pounds, which is over 150 pounds lighter than the Gallardo LP 560-4. It accelerates to 62 mph in just 3.4 seconds and tops out at 199 mph. Powering the Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse is a V10 engine with 570 horsepower and will come standard with the robotized e-gear, six-speed transmission found in the race car.

The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse will make its official debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/07/lamborghini-gallardo-lp570-4-squadra-corse-brings-racing-to-the-street.html

2. I really like the Gallardo but it's time they come with something new.

3. A Lambo I actually like.

4. Are we done yet? If I were an early model gallardo owner, id be pretty happy with my original purchase. This model originally squared off against ferrari 360, even the porsche 911 went through 2 model changes blalready

5. the Gallardo is the new Mustang.
    Another special livery after another.

6. The LP560 to the gallardo is to me what the F430 was to the 360. Evolution rather than revolution. Lamborghini has always trailed behind ferrari by about 4 years with their mid engine sports car, so we should see the new lambo as a 2014 MY if they stay consistent.

7. Gallardo looks better without the big wing

8. I prefer this V10 lambo to any lambo in existence

9. they have to have something new or pretend to have a new car. The 458 scud will be launched in Frankfurt.

You know how Lamborghini is, they have very little class or dignity. They can't just bring a few Aventadors with new paint and personlized options and just let it be that.

10. i hope so too.

this announcement caught me by surprise though. I was expecting total silence from the gallardo until the new one. Maybe they will show a near production concept car that'll be launched for late 2014 as a 2015.

11. i'm starting to feel bad for the gallardo now

12. #12 V8stangman, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Lamborghini Gallardo Squadra Corse Priced From $261,200

The recently announced Lamborghini Gallardo Squadra Corse will be heading to America exclusively in a Giallo Midas (yellow) finish, and will start at $261,200 including a $2,100 gas guzzler tax.

The Gallardo Squadra Corse will begin deliveries in America starting in September and will be limited to just 15 units. Canada will be allocated an additional three.

The Squadra Corse is being branded as the Italian automaker’s most extreme Gallardo model yet, based on the Gallardo Super Trofeo race car. While its engine performance is the same, the Squadra Corse variant weighs in at a little over 2,950 pounds, making it over 150 pounds lighter. According to Lamborghini, it will accelerate to 62 mph in just 3.4 seconds.

The limited edition Gallardo Squadra Corse will make its official debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show with its 570-horsepower V10 engine.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/08/lamborghini-gallardo-squadra-corse-priced-from-261200.html

13. Was the Cala also a V10?

14. yup

The V10 baby lamborghini project went through several iterations and concepts from Zagato to Bertone and Italdesign before finally settling on the Gallardo years later.

15. The Gallardo has become a pretty good deal now that the 458 Spider is out. You can get an LP550-2 Spyder E-Gear for $220k but a 458 Spider is going to run $350k or more, but you aren't getting $130k more car with the 458. I think Lamborghini has done pretty well keeping the Gallardo up to date.