Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cabriol

Discussion in '2001 Lexus SC430' started by datruesuperman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I would coose the Lexus because it if faster than the Jaguar and It has the hardtop that the porsche lacks. It is also only about .6 seconds slower than the Carrera with a price tag about 10K.

2. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

Definately the Lexus... obvious choice...

3. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from datruesuperman</i>
    <b>I would coose the Lexus because it if faster than the Jaguar and It has the hardtop that the porsche lacks. It is also only about .6 seconds slower than the Carrera with a price tag about 10K.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You can get a Porsche Carrera Cabriolet with a hard top. Just not one that folds in the truck (mid engine). Anyway, I would take the Porsche because it is was better because of its looks, history, and it's German.

4. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

But that is jsut more $$$ for the porsche without even adding some of the options the lexus already has on it.

5. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from datruesuperman</i>
    <b>But that is jsut more $$$ for the porsche without even adding some of the options the lexus already has on it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Like I could afford any of these cars anyway. You presented this topic as a comparison, not which one I would buy if I had the money. And I think the Porsche is the best car, not the best car for the money.

6. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

The Carrera Cabrio is 1 second faster to 60 than the Lexus.

7. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

Lexus SC430 all the way. we just bought one, and the car is spectacular. The 911 Cabriolet is typically clocked at less than 0.5 seconds quicker to 60, definatly not worth the difference in price. And the Lexus has the Toyota quality which is definatly lacking in the Porsche.

8. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

Don't forget reliability! I'd take any of those cars, all so nice. SC430 would be my pick, love my current lexus, def. would buy another.

9. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

Obvious choice? how do you figure? Stupid comparison for starters.

1) Lexus - Luxury grand tourer with a (VERY) slight amount of sportiness

2) Jaguar - Grand Tourer with a decent level of sportiness

3) Porsche - Performance car ( near supercar) with decent luxury.

The first two are vaguely comparable, but the last is not even close.

My personal rundown:

If you are looking for luxury and style - Jag.

Reliability and quality - Lexus

Performance - none can touch the porsche.

End of story.

10. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

My dad has the Lexus, and if you step on the gas I get scared. My head hurt from the torque it has. The anti spin thing or whatever it is called is definitely a big help, but I wish it had a manual gear shift. The Porche has the background and quality to beat the Lexus. The Lexus was not made with race in mind I don't think, but I'd still take the Porche.

11. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

HAH

Toyota quality my ass. Porsche 996 has more style, more power (320 bhp), higher top speed(177), even better gas mileage (19/32), better 0-1/4 mile (13.2 seconds), better 0-100 time (11.6 seconds), not to mention that the lexus doesnt even have a stickshift option, Also in my opinion the lexus is a very feminine car.

But who am i to argue with toyota's long line of high powered, high class, fast, sports cars. pfft

(if your stupid thast last line was sarcastic)

12. Re: Lexus SC430 Vs. Porsche Carrera Cabriolet Vs. Jaguar XK8 Cab

It doesnt matter if it scares ya. My dad has an escalade and if you step on the gas you can still get a little thrill from it...

I used to b4 i took out his turbo tiptronic and slammed the gas down on that.... after that the escalade just never felt the same...