Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by Gamer55, Oct 26, 2002.

1. #1 Gamer55, Oct 26, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics:

3. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not bad i like these trucks how much do they cost cos we dont get em in the uk, i know tis one isnt standard butwhat are the prices like for normal good ones

4. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the base price for a brand new 2002 GMC Sonoma is about $13,000. And the Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma costs about $137,000.

Have a nice day!

5. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what are the stats for the standard one

6. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the cheapest model for 2003 is more like $15,000, or you could get the most expensive model which is the 2003 GMC Sonoma SLS 4X4 Crew Cab Pickup and its base price is $30,000 and here are some specs:

4300 cc 4.3 liters V 6 front engine with 101.6 mm bore, 88.4 mm stroke, 9.2 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder
    Multi-point injection fuel system
    Unleaded fuel
    Power: 142 kW , 190 HP SAE @ 4400 rpm; 250 ft lb , 339 Nm @ 2800 rpm
    Fuel economy EPA highway (km/l): 11.2, EPA highway (mpg): 21, EPA city (km/l): 15.6 and EPA city (mpg): 15
    Wishbone front suspension independent with stabilizer bar and torsion springs , beam rear suspension rigid with leaf springs
    Automatic four-speed transmission with lock-up, electronic control, shift lever on column and low/high gear ranges
    Curb Weight: 1832
    Length: 5215
    Width: 1723
    Height: 1610
    Ground Clearance: 190
    Wheelbase: 3122
    Track (Ft/Rt): 1453/1400

7. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking as a former owner of a '97 GMC Sonoma SLS shortbed reg. cab pickup, I would have loved to fix my truck up like this, and race some ZO6's or some Musclecars and see how it would fair..GMC should produce this bad boy!

8. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another good truck is the silverado. While slighty larger than the sonoma it comes with a variety of v8 options. Right now i am modifing mine to get it like the silverado ss concept.

9. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would gladly get my @$$ kicked by this thing just for the pure spectacle of it. That would have been great if it's transmission didn't quit and it actually won. Everyone would have probably dropped dead on the spot. However, the road course time for the truck was 71 seconds compared to the winning cars' 56 seconds. The truck got only one run though, I wonder what it would have pulled off given all its runs.

10. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was from september, more then likly any one who goes to CarandDriver.com has read it.

11. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes its been in my favorites for a long time.

12. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the avatar because its TRUE!!!!!!!! And how old are you 19 and you own a vette sweeeeeeet?

13. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a sales consultant for a GM store has its benefits. Like being able to play with a lot of different vehicles, and finding some really nice rides wher you least expect it. You can buy a Sonoma, extended cab/sportside, with a 4.3L, 5-speed manual, 3.08 gear with a locking diff, lowered sport suspension and big tires for under $28,000CDN. This truck in stock form pulls hard and corners better than some "sporty cars" out there. Add some bolt ons like an exhaust, intake, PCM calibration, and you've got a modern day muscle car, a true sleeper. Bot on a supercharger for a few grand, and you get closer to running with the big boys, if not right up in the pack with them.

14. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you ever see the lingenfelter 427 800hp twin turbo corvette 0-60 in 1.something seconds and 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds of course on drag slips

15. #15 luvda550, Jan 27, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best 1/4 run for the Lingenfelter 427 Twin Turbo C5 Vette was like 8.95 @ 153 mph. Thats damn fast! You can dload the video at www.lingenfelter.com if you want proof. Sheesh, if i had $120k screw any Ferrari (although I love ferraris) I would have to get this for superior everything.

16. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the Lingenfelter 427 TT Vette did 1.97 s in a Motor Trend test couple months ago. Anyone ever see the Lingenfelter 427 TT Escalade? Jesus Christ, it was a monstrosity. I lost the link but I remember it's 0-60 time was 3.9! I'd take that.

17. Re: Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Sonoma Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW awesome a Lingenfelter 427 TT Escalade?! Sweeeet!