look at that a 572cui V-8

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by FireBird175, Apr 24, 2003.

1. that is massive, boy this car has some modern day muscle

2. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

yes i does. and a 572 is pretty sweet. the only bigger engine i've seen was a 602ci... except for those massive dumptrucks that have 3000+ci so yeah its not a bad car. the handling isn`t great

3. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

uhuh i agree

4. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

What do you know about the ZL1's handling? Not a damn thing I'll tell you that much. Ever driven a 2000 Camaro? No? Well, alrighty then!

5. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

just stop talking, thats all i ask, just stop talking.

6. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

hey calm down n00bs , dont argue about the handling of this car i might or might not be good who cares the only way to find out is drive and that aint happening so there is no need to argue ok

7. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

I dunno I think Camaros have pretty good handling they turn flat so its all good with me. My friend recently bought a 1994 25th anniversery trans-am and the thing has 150k miles on it and is still blistering. It also has a flowmaster exaust. Not much but all in all good deal for $5000. In my opinion anyway.

8. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

its not made for the track. so it wont handle as well as cars made for the track! or maybe it will in the strange world where you all reside. its made for being blisteringly fast in the quarter mile. or maybe its bad in the quarter mile and european cars made for twisty roads can beat it! yah thats it!...its not famous for its handling. the engin eis in the wrong place for a start. its in the front.

9. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

It must use heaps of fuel.

10. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

This engine is huge! I can't imagine what that does to the traction. Driving this on snowy roads would seriously suck (not that i would drive this in the winter, but still, it's pretty funny). This think has a crazy acceleration. Why didn't they make a smaller engine, and the put a super-charger on it, or something like that. Just from the engine size you could tell that this concept would never be put into production. It's too huge! Why not raise it up and put 44 inch tires on it, and run over other cars. That would almost be more fun than driving this as it is........

11. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

I wanna drive it. I'd probably piss myself...but I wanna DRIVE IT! LOL!

12. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

If i ever saw this car id probably bow down doo it and couldnt even bring myself to drive it for the fear of scratching it would be so high

13. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

that's just dumb

14. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

yeah see...I would cream my jeans over this...hell...I cream my jeans over MY car...LOL!

15. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

I have three words for you import lovers: Get over it

16. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

Bring this to the Nurburgring.

17. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

imagine supercharging this thing...im sure it could handle a lot of boost

18. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

no it couldn't, not with the standard pistons anyway. I am willing to bet the compression is extremely high. However you could probably run 6 or 9psi with no problems.

19. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

with all do respect, you are an idiot.
    Enzo Ferrari once said and firmly believed, "The horse should always pull the cart, it never pushes from behind"
    if you don't believe anything from that legend, then you, have problems.

20. #20 426 Hemistage 8, Jun 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

this engine has all my respect and my consideration.It is in fact the modern version of the zl1 engine of 1969.
    the 2002 zl1427ci camaro was produced.only 31 were built
    here is one that was sold not so long ago
    http://www.happycarz.com/pics_and_descp.php?id=364

21. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

in that respect Enzo was wrong.

22. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

Whoever was talking about handling... I have a 2000 Firebird Formula (LS1 346ci. 5.7L V8) which handles really well, but you have to think of the weight balance with an 572ci 9.2L HUGE block (no longer a big block)on the front end. I love F-bodies, but I really doubt this one can handle for much of anything. Besides American Muscle is made for the Drag Strips anyway.

23. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

this block was an all aluminium custom made block.Muscle cars are not only for straight lines, they can handle well if the suspension is enough stiff and heavy duty as well as if they have the fast power steering.

24. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

big. 9.4L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!talk about performance!

25. Re: look at that a 572cui V-8

how do you get thumbnails?