Look at the similarity in the lights.....

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by xero890, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Ok, now look at the design of the back lights of the Koenigsegg. Two circular tail lights, and one orange one for a blinker on each side. Then look at the reverse lights. I say Koenigsegg may have borrowed styling cues from Mazda.

2. Re: Look at the similarity in the lights.....

maybe when the lights are lit but in that pic i see no similarity at all what so ever

3. Re: Look at the similarity in the lights.....

I doubt that they intentionally imitated that, and it's a stretch to begin with. The light on the mazda are inside a housing, while the CC has seperate round lamps (and the third one is only half orange).

I think it's more a case of same task, same solution. Corvettes, Ferraris, the Diablo (I think), the MacLaren, and how many others all have 2 round lamps per side. I think it's just functional. Twin lights would mark a similarity to those vehicles, when I'm sure they wanted to distinguish it in every way. SO I think they were avoiding looking like it's competitors, rather than trying to imitate a lowly RX-7.

4. Re: Look at the similarity in the lights.....

As if a supercar designer bloke would borrow styling cues from a mazda RX-7.
    Forgetting about all the whats already been said, just think aobut it, Koenigsegg CC8S looks like a Mazda RX-7?
    Just doesnt sound rght does it?

5. Re: Look at the similarity in the lights.....

Ok I agree that the Koenigsegg's lights are much different in that they are in separate housings. But then look at the reverse light of the Koenigsegg, it looks exactly like the RX-7's. Look at my thread on the 2000 Koenigsegg, and look at its front lights too, and write what you think.