LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

Discussion in '2002 Maserati Coupé GT' started by JaguarXKR, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

Maranello roofline, Vanquish haunches, and XK8 hood. The XKR is better, though. No down-graded Ferrari can match the quintessential British GT.

2. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

Yeah its kinda a Jag, Aston kinda look... but it looks really nice... and very good power and great top speed!!

3. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

gotta love it no matter what

4. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secdawg</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Matthew4300</i>
    <b>I think that it looks like a mix of a DB7 and a 550 Maranello</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree, the roofline is extremely close to the Maranello and the front is very close to the DB7. I own a 99 550 Maranello and a 95 DB7 Vantage. This car is a combination of both. I absolutely love it. I've been missing the old Maseratis ever since they dissapeared from the American market in the 80's. But the old Maseratis are nothing compared to this. This car is stunning, I think it's the perfect blend of elegance and agressiveness. As soon as I get rid of the DB7 (which by the way is a pain in the ass to own) I will look into either buying one of these or maybe the Z8 which I think is amazing as well. Hat's off to Maserati for a job well done. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

agreed... ive always thought the 80's mazy's were so boxy and looked way too much like sedans (hell, they were for all it matters), i was sooo glad to hear about Ferrari getting control, i knew something good was bound to happen<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

I don see how this looks like a Jag (other than the hood). I can see how it looks a little like the Aston... and no way in hell does it resemble a 550...
    But this is one of the (if not the) best looking(best overall) in the world... in its class...

6. Maybe its me but I think it does look like an Aston Martin which brings up an interesting comparison.....

7. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from aaaaahhhhh</i>
    <b>Maybe its me but I think it does look like an Aston Martin which brings up an interesting comparison.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes and no, I kinda think it looks more like a Jag than an aston martin, but even then it has some noted differecnes, I think the car is beautifull.

8. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

the whole front definatly looks like an old jag XKE

NOT an aston

9. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

I think that it looks like a mix of a DB7 and a 550 Maranello<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON MARTIN FROM FAR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Matthew4300</i>
    <b>I think that it looks like a mix of a DB7 and a 550 Maranello</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree, the roofline is extremely close to the Maranello and the front is very close to the DB7. I own a 99 550 Maranello and a 95 DB7 Vantage. This car is a combination of both. I absolutely love it. I've been missing the old Maseratis ever since they dissapeared from the American market in the 80's. But the old Maseratis are nothing compared to this. This car is stunning, I think it's the perfect blend of elegance and agressiveness. As soon as I get rid of the DB7 (which by the way is a pain in the ass to own) I will look into either buying one of these or maybe the Z8 which I think is amazing as well. Hat's off to Maserati for a job well done. <!-- Signature -->