loudest aircraft you've heard?

Discussion in 'Boats, Planes, Other' started by FerrariAKL, Feb 22, 2008.

1. the B1B was #$%#ing loud as i remember

but just about as loud as most anything else ive seen at airshows, maybe they were all so loud i couldnt even tell anymore

2. The SR-71 I heard at an airshow at edwards AFB when I was a kid. The Hornets they have based here in Burbank are loud as hell, probably 3 times as loud as the ususal commercial jets flying out.

3. F15 at full afterburner.

4. spitfire. I was stupid enough to not wear earplugs while a friend of mine fired up a Merlin he had just finished rebuilding.

5. CF-18 (It was doing low fly overs, very loud)
    Tornado

6. B-17 is the loudest prop aircraft I've heard.

7. i wonder how much louder a B29 is.

8. Concorde was super loud...flew at the Toronto airshow about 10 years ago.

Space Shuttle trumps all though

9. F-16 Fighting Falcon. & the sonic boom that follow said jet. That was awesome. Coolest plane I've ever seen up close? F117 Stealth Fighter.

10. I can't say I've heard many. I'm an Kanadier, and don't go much to airshows. However I remember on 9/11 when jets were scrambled over my (and every other North American) city. I was just south of the airport at the time, where they had refueled, and two CF-18's flew right above me; didn't seem like more than 200 yards up.

Was loud.

11. They are much quieter...have seen a few fly over

Everything pales in comparison to the Lancaster though. Not that it was terribly loud, but 4 Merlin engines purring is nothing short of a perpetual orgasm.

12. B1, i can say for a fact that no plane ive heard at the airport is as loud as that one

13. Tornado at the Paris air show.

14. #39 205T16 EVO, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Also I've been right behind jets in St Maarten, it's amazing. There are some 727s and you're just so close so it's really loud.

Example:

15. there is only one B29 flying.

16. 2 rafales breaking through the soundbarrier. i took a shit afterwards.

17. 2 b1's taking of last night. wow.

18. There is NOTHING that flies in this world that is louder than a harrier on a vertical take-off. It's 100 yards away, your hands are over your ears, and your head still feels like a Cal Trans crew is working on it.

19. ...but you're not including the B50 (essentially a B29) that was given to the Russians. Heck..Cuba still has one or two of these around.

20. like, immediately afterwards or a few hours later when you got home?

21. Yeah I was in a... in a hurry

22. inmediately.

23. lol

24. V-1 Fieseler Fi 103