M-B, McLaren to build a 1000hp supercar?

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by FerrariAKL, Dec 15, 2004.

1. the Enzo is N/A, the Carrera GT is N/A, the Lambo is N/A

Ford can pull it off with the GT because the car is all around a classic and has heritage on its side

and dont forget the Mclaren F1

just look, the SLR is getting torn apart by its nearest competition

2. 4 figure horsepower id ridicouls IMO, there isint that much of a diffference between that and 660hp. i guess its all for being able it say, hey look its got 1000hp

3. I believe Mercedes-Benz can do it, they just have to remember to not try to make it comfy. If they can stay away from the creature comforts then they can keep the weight down and they could probably produce a car that is a blast to drive.

4. yep, they raped the SLR by adding over 800 pounds worth of crap

5. Yeah, I don't think the SLR was ever intended to be an all-out rocket like the Enzo or CGT. I think it was supposed to come accross as an incredibly fast tourer.

6. It had to be for the price tag

7. its a GT car that was rather unfairly pitted against all out supercars.

8. Yeah, and people then wonder why it doesn't perform as well. They just don't get what its true purpose is.

9. but its over 400k

the main rivals it has in the GT class are?
    Vanquish
    ect

10. Precisley!

11. so then why is it ok to pit a 600k (MSRP)Enzo against cars costing 400k or less? If supercars can be compared at different price levels, so can GTs right?

12. you dont see anyone pitting the SLR against the 575 or Vanguish

13. OMG, YOU'RE HILARIOUS!

14. I hope it's not the P8.

15. MAKE THE DAMN CAR, WE NEED TO PROVE TO ALL THE FERRARI FANBOYS THAT THE ENZO IS NOT THE GREATEST CAR EVER

16. im going to buy an SLR, and strip it.

17. and then you and a friend can dress as the ambiguously gay duo and save the world in your penis car

18. BWAHAHAHAHA, that made me laugh out loud.... indeed, the SLR looks like a penis....

19. AHAHAH i immagine a new car with a infinite saga like veyron..

20. A penis with some sort of disease with those slits/vents on the side.

21. Doesn't the tranny of the Veyron literally soak in oil to keep it cool? I thought I read that somewhere, needing seriously cooling to get all that torque to the wheels.

22. Remember when Bugatti maid outrageos claims for there future supercar and failed to live up to they hype?

23. for now it is so deal with it

24. My guess is, no.

25. SLR gettin torn apart...come on..its faster than all these cars except the Enzo and F1 it might not accelerate as fast as the CGT but at the top end its faster...also its the only car here that has a front engine...all these cars here have a mid engine layout...its one of the heaviest cars here and can hold its own at the track...dont forget its automatic..and its considered a GT...