///M vs. ///AMG

Discussion in '2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG' started by Black Devil, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

dude, you are the biggest #%$got....i cant belive that all of you guys think that mercedes is good...you #%$s would drive a 4000 lb. automatic mercedes. mercedes is a piece of shit. with a shitload of hp, it only hits a 4.6 0-60. ferraris dont even have that much and they hit a much lower 0-60. you mercedes guys are such #%$s, go suck a dick.

2. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

ronoldo, im with you bro

3. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

get a life you moron... go read some car magazines and you'll know what we're talking about... yeah mercedes are heavy, but that's because they're the safest cars in the world ...

so grow up!!! if you look at any magazine you want, e.g: motor trend, auto bild, they alll compared the SL55 to the Z8, the modena spider and the Aston martin DB7.. in all the magazine the comparison is featured the result was clear: the SL55 was always awarded to be the best, and by far!!!
    so before you start posting crap just grow up and get a life... yeah ferrari's can get better 0-60 times than mercedes, but that's because ferrari's are meant to be ONLY fast...while amg models are fast, luxurious, confortable, environmental friendly, SAFE and most of all very very very reliable...

and the SL55 could reach 60 in 4.4 sec... which is a little bit more than the modena which hits it in 4.2.. and considering performance, the SL55 at high speeds can rape almost every supercar!! its faster to 300 km/h than the murcielago!!!

IDIOT!

4. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

for the dumb#$%# who said the new lambo could beat a 55 with out ever trying, the top speed for the lambo is 205mph while the benz's is 208mph. is there a sercet power boost button in the lambo? and once the cl65 comes out the lambo is gonna run like a little girl away from the benz, 604 hp, 738 lb-ft of tourgue @2000 rpm. what now? BMW's suck, the z8 is a 130k p.o.s., BMW's in general suck nuts, they r over priced slow and good for nothing. they are the fake german cars. 3 BMW's wouldnt equal the quality or ne benz or audi or porsche.

5. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

I'd take M over AMG pretty much any day, Mercedes makes an older mans car, and BMW makes a drivers car, so I'll go with BMW.

Angus

6. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

i'd take a M over the amg. No offense to anyone who drives one of these amg's, and thinks they're the greatest car, but you haven't been around 'real' cars. The amg isn't a performance car. it doesnt even have the option of a manual transmission. that right there tells you that this car is for a) wives or b) old men.
    Real car enthusiasts would much prefer manual over auto anyday. The M has a 6-speed manual SMG transmission. That would beat the shit out of the crappy little 5-speed auto in the amg.
    Besides, the z8 beats the amg. It gets 0-60 in 4.3s. That is without mods or removing the limiter.

7. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

BMW's SMG is clunky and ineffective, i would take an automatic with manual override over it.

8. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

Good description, would you care to back that up?

Angus

9. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

I'd take the AMG

10. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

Well,Ronaldo,no wonder you don't drive a Mercedes-you could not afford it and it pisses you off so badly,you poor thing. Maybe now you'll say your present car is better than SL55. Give me a break!

11. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

Yep M is heaps better than AMG.
    Not according to the influential motoring authorities of the world.

AMG V8 the Performance Engine of the Year for the V8 Kompressor AMG models.
    The Jury are Motoring Journalists from around the world; also race-car drivers (that don't have manufacturer’s contracts) take part in assessment.
    Thought this was worth mentioning, so you know the high level of validity the results have. Probably the highest available currently.

The "All Mighty" M3 is 3rd, the so-called "Drivers" car.
    (I'm not bagging the M3, I love it. Just the people who were dumb enough to say "BMW kills Mercedes")
    The jury consists of 50 individuals, being represented by 22 different countries.
    This is the most prominent results available in the world today.
    All I have to say to the annoying BMW fans that seem to only have bad words about Mercedes is; "Kiss my *$$."
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not being derogatory toward BMW only the so called fans who would consider Mercedes to be "crap."
    You may want to the F1 season and look at the BMW powered Williams fighting against the Mercedes powered McLaren (which is older and is far superior as points will show.)

Results : (x) = points
    1. Mercedes-Benz AMG V8 (138)
    2. Audi 'R' V8 (98)
    3. BMW M I-6 (91)
    4. Ferrari V12 (85)
    5. Porsche Flat-6 (82)
    6. Honda I-4 (77)
    7. Mercedes V6 (69)
    8. Lamborghini V12 (65)
    9. TVR V8 (42)
    10. Jaguar V8 (23)
    11. Alfa Romeo V6 (15)
    12. Renault I-4 (5)
    13. Open I-4 (2)
    14. Nissan V6 (1)
    =15. Chevrolet V8, Ford V8, Honda V6, Jaguar V6, Nissan I-6 (0)

What else can be said to these anti SL55 people but; "I'm sorry, wrong answer!"

(To the person who commented on the Murcielago, look at position #8 you'll find it's where it belongs in relation to Mercedes-Benz.)

12. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

No comment from BMW fans yet.
    Surprise surprise, the facts hurt too much?

13. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

14. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

The M class does not go as high as the AMG there is no M Z8 there is No M7. Compared to SL 55 AMG and S55 amg. As I said in a previous forum I've known people who have owned the premium classes of both coporations. The response is that BMW has a better feel for the road then Mercedes cushy refined stance. Niether is better or worse.
    However, In defense of BMW it is still an indpendent German company. Compared to Mercedes which has been bought by Chrysler. BMW does not have "uncommunicative handling... and clattering engine at idle" pg66 May 2003 Car & Driver. In that same issue the M5 and M3 beat the mercedes in their class. in relation to S class and the 7 series the 7 series is the most sophisticated car on the road proclaimed by the New York Times.
    BMW has intergrated computers into their driving machine without developing a "percular steering program" pg53 May 2003 on the E55amg the runner up to the M5.
    If your a CEO pushing 60 with money to burn get a Mercedes. Leave BMW to true driving enthusiasts.

15. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

I really hate to side with the dumbass who didn't even to try to back his statement up.

16. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

when the new SL65 AMG comes out it will bet the shit out of the murcilago nad BMW. 612HP V12 7 speed gear. and yes this Mercedes will still be cheaper than murcilago.The lambo only looks good but hasnt all the high tech the mercedes have. The SL is really the best car on the world actually. It has all the eletronic and high tech mercedes has to over, it has a superb engine, super design, its luxury, both comfortabel and sporty, and really for all day drinving with a superb build quality. Its really a bargain!

17. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

when the new SL65 AMG comes out it will bet the shit out of the murcilago nad BMW. 612HP V12 7 speed gear. and yes this Mercedes will still be cheaper than murcilago.The lambo only looks good but hasnt all the high tech the mercedes have. The SL is really the best car on the world actually. It has all the eletronic and high tech mercedes has to over, it has a superb engine, super design, its luxury, both comfortabel and sporty, and really for all day drinving with a superb build quality. Its really a bargain!

18. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

I agree that Mercedes is a superb car. But no automobile over 100,000 is a bargain. Mercedes' aim is to allow you to drive easily and comfortably. Now this is very nice, However by doing that they cut out the "feel for the road" and create a synthetic feel.
    For luxury in its class Mercedes does rein supreme. But it is not the best car in the world. It does not have the most advance engine design as BMW has. And in F1 racing Mercedes never comes in first its always Ferrari. Though this american owned corporation is great at putting luxury in a sportscar. It's not quite the best.

19. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

Ferrari engines arent the best actually in F1, its BMW.Tell me one car actually that has more functions and better built quality than this SL? you wont find one. BMW with his 7 series cant beat it. What the heck Mercedes isnt american owned. Actually Daymler Chrysler is german ruled by Mr.Schremp. He can decide what chrysler have to do. Schremp actually fired many american managers from chrysler cause they ruined the company. Now under german lead chrysler gets better. Many future chryslers will use mercedes parts like the crossfire concept.

20. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

Of course the 7 wouldn't beat the SL its a family sedan. Not built for speed as much as it is for power and comfort. As for the versatility. Your right I can't find one. The closest thing I would think would be either the Ferrari Spider or the Z8. Niether of which have half the gadgets the SL has. Though the up coming 6 series I wonder will give the SL a competitor.

21. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

Ok, tell me... which company developed the engine in the McLaren F1?? You'll see a nice white badging M Power on the engine... and that's pretty much an ancient powerplant. Just you wait for the M6... 5.8litres and 550 naturally aspirated horsepower.

22. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

It just pisses me off how mercedes comes out with crazy cars in auto. girls drive auto. and yea they have the new SLR coming out which is sick as hell, but guess what, IT DOESNT COME IN STICK, or F1 transmission. all in all, mercedes is for either rich wives or old men, and does not compare to bmw in terms of performance. i am not talking about luxury.

23. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

if u guys comapre any merc with a lamborgini ,sorry to say this but u are a full on idiot,just the look can say it all,thats without mentionting anything else,to make it simple

24. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

give me a break...is this all you can say and all you base your analysis on? no stick = crap? Alright, well I suppose you would much rather have a manual VW lupo, as opposed to a SL55 with auto transmission, right? I am just guessing you are some guy who cant afford a mercedes, and therefore make your useless comments...

25. Re: ///M vs. ///AMG

you're tellin me that AMG is crap when you own a Renault Velsatis. PLEASE!!!