M3 or Z3

Discussion in '2001 BMW Z3 M Roadster' started by killaman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: M3 or Z3

m3 looks betta
    <!-- Signature -->

2. I like the M3 because of it's HP. Is the Z3 Roadster faster than a M3 because of it's weight?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: M3 or Z3

According to this site the M3 does 0-60 in 5.1 while the M Roadster does it in 5.3, I guess the extra HP makes up for the extra weight.

Is it just me or is this car way too heavy for it's size. Is it because of all the luxury stuff BMW but on it. That must be it because most Mercedes have the same problem.

4. Re: M3 or Z3

The E46 M3 does 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and this M Roadster does it in about 4.8 seconds. Both sweet cars and your choice is dependent on your taste.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: M3 or Z3

HMMMM I OWN A Z3, ITS GOT THE LOOKS, BUT THE M3 HAS THE PERFORMANCE ALONG WITH THE PRICE. . .ID DEFINETLY TAKE THE M3 IF I HAD THE MONEY, BUT I DON'T, SO I STICK WITH MY Z3

6. Re: M3 or Z3

I would take the z3 simply because it is one of the few convertables i like. But also, yes the weight problem is because german cars try to blend luxury with performance... personally i like my luxury and performance seperate, but thats me.

7. Re: M3 or Z3

I prefer the M series. They provide more power and luxury<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: M3 or Z3

According to the latest from Motor Magazine, the new M Roadster is set to recieve the current M3's powerplant, and also the same 6-speed gearbox (uncertain about SMGII.) This should make things interesting for the next M3...I wouldn't mind a V8, so long as it's very close to the 340kW (approx.) 4.0 litre used in the GTR and its Strassenversion. I think recieving the M5's 4.9 litre would be a let-down. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: M3 or Z3

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MrMetalHead82</i>
    <b>According to the latest from Motor Magazine, the new M Roadster is set to recieve the current M3's powerplant, and also the same 6-speed gearbox (uncertain about SMGII.) This should make things interesting for the next M3...I wouldn't mind a V8, so long as it's very close to the 340kW (approx.) 4.0 litre used in the GTR and its Strassenversion. I think recieving the M5's 4.9 litre would be a let-down. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Why's that??<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: M3 or Z3

i prefer the m3 coupe because it is faster than the z3 but the z3 is more sporty and is more affordable. i would have thought the z3 would be a good $40,000 but its not

11. Re: M3 or Z3

Well, if all Z3's were like my friend's, I would take one. this thing can rape 'Vettes, I was riding w/her when she smoked one. This has a huge list of modifications on it.

12. Re: M3 or Z3

I'd take the M3. Better looks.

13. Re: M3 or Z3

me 2 bro

14. Re: M3 or Z3

me 2 bro

15. Re: M3 or Z3

m3 because of its legendary handling

16. Re: M3 or Z3

I would take the z3 if i wanted a sporty 2 seater and the m3 if i needed something bigger. Right now i would take the z3 because i dont have the need for a larger car.

17. Re: M3 or Z3

Personally i dont like the Z3 if i wanted a roadster, i would take the Z4 because it looks much better, but i like M3 much better than both. (the best BMW ever made IMO)