Mach 1=fast!!

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by American HP, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

You are correct. The camaro has run a best of 12.8x. Sorry.

Again though dipshit, why are you posting pics of F1 cars in a mustang forum?!?

2. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

BOO YA

3. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

what's wrong? it has a hole in the hood and it's still not very fast.

4. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

not very fast? not very fast?! what are you talking about?!

5. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

whats the price???

6. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

I think it's $29,xxx. For a car that can run in the 12's with only drag radials that's not to bad.

7. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Too bad the EVO is the same price and can not only outrun it in the drags....but on the track.....

8. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Evo's start at the same price but every dealer is marking them up, you have to deal with turbo lag instead of beautiful no waiting v-8 torque and according to car and driver, the evo runs mid-13's in the 1/4 compared to the mach 1's 12.9, sounds like 4 or 5 car lengths to me. So get that over-glorified economy lancer off this thread

9. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

To bad we're not talking about the evo moron...

10. #35 27GTR, Jun 16, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Mach 1=fast!!

12.9, 12.9?! LOL!

MM&FF for the VERY best run pulled a 13.1 (slower than MotorTrends run for the EVO).....with the average Mach 1 running in the mid 13's. There is hardly ANY lag in an EVO. Ever driven one?

By all means...PLEASE show me a stock Mach 1 running a 12.9.....

Here's a MotorTrend run (the same magazine that has the EVO running a 13.07)
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0212_mustang/index1.html

13.8! That's more than half a second slower.

....and not every dealer is marking them up....
    Those that are, understand what a value the car is.....

11. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

They ran the 12.9 with drag radials on. Low 13's seem to be the norm with the mach 1.

12. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Proof?

Drag radials isn`t a stock car.....

....nowhere to be found.... mid to HIGH 13`s are the norm.

13. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

does supercars.net ever update their information? that numbers on this ar have been out for some time. there are a ton of cars with next to no information that i have found elsewhere.

14. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Proof...go f^cking read [email protected] idiot.
    And I never said drag radials are stock...how stupid are you, really I mean are you "special" or something?
    And, low 13's are the norm.

15. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

I've read the MMFF article. It took them WORK to get to 13.1. As evidenced by taking a preview of all the articles on the Mach 1, the NORM is mid to high 13's. Two sub 13.4 runs doesn't make it the norm.

16. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

I haven't seen any high 13 second runs...oh wait, you're talking about the auto mach 1. The 5-speed is a low 13 seocnd car. The auto isn't as fast, I'll give you that. Ford for what ever reason, lowered the redline on the auto mach 1, slowing it down.

17. #42 27GTR, Jun 23, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  18. Re:

Alright, alright... I will try to reason with all of you right now. What gets typed up in some magazine editor's dream world is NEVER to be taken what the car can actualyl DO. Some magazines push cars harder and drive them better than the average person, while others (Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and Road and Track) tend to be much more conservative. How else do you explain them testing a Z06 and 911 Turbo at 12.8 and 12.9 respectively? Those cars are over a whole 1/2 second faster than those times. They also test stock SS Camaros at 13.8. Is anyone dumb enough to claim that the above examples are the cars TRUE potential? Now, as much as these numbers are underrated, magazines like "Muscle Mustang" and "Super Chevy" grossly overstate what they get out of their cars. I believe the 13.1 second quarter mile you are referring to was published in the August 2003 edition of "5.0L Mustangs" SSSSUuuuure, that's a credible source to test a Mustang. "Super Chevy" says SS Camaros run 12.8, so now what?

You see? None of this matters. You can read all of the literature you want. You can talk all the trash, and cuss and swear and get all worked up behind your computer screens. But what matters is what happens when YOU take YOUR car to the strip and sit ready to dump the clutch as soon as that last yellow light burns out. The evidence of what your car can do will be printed out, and then you will know. That is the truth, and not "Muscle Mustang", "Super Chevy", or "Car and Driver" can have anything to say about it because that is what YOU just ran.

In my humble opinion, I have a VERY hard time believing a stock Mach 1 can outrun a stock SS or WS6. It is rated at 300 HP (probably underrated - but the f-bodies are too... they typically put out 340 HP at the crank) and 300 ft-lbs of torque. They have a 5 speed manual, which means their ratios are not as aggressive or as close together as the 6 speed in the WS6 and SS.

I will believe the Mach 1 out accelerates a SS or WS6 when I SEE it... not READ it.

19. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Does there ALWAYS have to be some zit faced nerd on here that insists on coming into a different conversation and going "but guys...guyyyyss....the EVO IS FASTER! CAR AND DRIVER SAID SO! ITS FASTER!!"

It's like...who cares? I don't care if its 15 grand and runs 11s stock, my @$$ aint drivin' a Lancer. If we DID care, we'd be in a Lancer forum.

Then there's always some other moron. "Snort...drool...uhhh...Ford has2 AdD da SUPERchArGErs dawG! Thats whaTs wrong wit dem"

Its like...go home. First of all, this ain't even a Cobra,
    second...let's see....we want more power. Hmmm....we could put some stickers on it and a blue air filter from Pep Boys, or a supercharger. I choose the latter.
    Superchargers add power, bottom line. You don't want a supercharger? Then you don't want the extra power. So go ask mom to tuck you in and get the hell off the forum.

20. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Mitsubishi doesen't have the best reliablitiy record.Which one do you thin k you'll see in better running condition iif driven the same in 10 years?I don't know much about Turbochargers but 19 psi of boost seems a little high.

21. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Does there ALWAYS have to be some zit faced nerd on here that insists on coming into a different conversation and going "but guys...guyyyyss....the EVO IS FASTER! CAR AND DRIVER SAID SO! ITS FASTER!!"

It's like...who cares? I don't care if its 15 grand and runs 11s stock, my @$$ aint drivin' a Lancer. If we DID care, we'd be in a Lancer forum.

Then there's always some other moron. "Snort...drool...uhhh...Ford has2 AdD da SUPERchArGErs dawG! Thats whaTs wrong wit dem"

Its like...go home. First of all, this ain't even a Cobra,
    second...let's see....we want more power. Hmmm....we could put some stickers on it and a blue air filter from Pep Boys, or a supercharger. I choose the latter.
    Superchargers add power, bottom line. You don't want a supercharger? Then you don't want the extra power. So go ask mom to tuck you in and get the hell off the forum.

good point if these kids dont know what they r talking about they should use a little common sence power is power no madder how you make it. yeah the cobra does have a supercharger, it runs consistent 12's and cost as mush as the ss when it was alive
    R.I.P CAMARO AND FIREBIRD

22. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

IM SURE THE MACH 1 WOULD OUT LAST AN EVO BY DECADES MUSTANGS ARE KNOWN FOR HAVING STRONG LONG LASTING MOTORS, AND I BELIEVE TURBOS R ONLY GOOD FOR ABOUT 150 THOUSAND MILES DIPENDING ON THE PSI LEVALS

23. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

there is no way that the s2000 would take the mach 1

24. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

Whoever says Fords suck...well

GT-40!!! Untouchable car!!! Wiped Ferrari clean of its glory too

25. Re: Mach 1=fast!!

It did....read the mag.

Same day, same track, same driver.