Maclaren beater!!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by Darrianman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Considering the cars origional performance, and modern technology added, this car would easily thrash the f1.

2. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

Not exactly.
    First off, you talk about the engineering of this new GT40....Now granted, it will be extensive. But go out and buy "Driving Ambition" so you have a full understanding of the extreme magnitude of the technology put into the McLaren F1.

Also, look at the specs....The McLaren had 630HP....where as the GT40 only has 500HP. Also, i think people are alittle confused about how much this new GT40 is going to weigh. It is NOT going to weigh anywhere near what the old GT40 weighed. If you know anything about chassis engineering, and the steps that must be taken to creat a solid, effective, and legal structure for a car of the GT40s size, you will understand that in this day and age at this price, you are NOT going to be able to make it as light as the carbon fiber monoqued McLaren F1. Now, if they made this a steel tube space frame....i mean a TRUE space frame, not a twin tube ladder chassis with rollovers like the Viper,....then it woulb possible to create a chassis light enough and with the proper safety considerations....however, to create a TRUE space frame is VERY time consuming, and has to be done by hand, and would make it VERY difficult for ford to produce in any numbers. Also, i have seen the GT40 chassis.....it is NOT a space frame. It is a twin tube design, with structural roll overs, and X reinforcements....also, it uses several VERY thick members.

Even though the GT40 chassis is aluminum and carbon fiber.....FORD STATED THAT THE TARGET WEIGHT OF THE GT40 IS 3000lbs. So, you can forget about this weighing under 2500lbs.

So, if the McLaren is around 2500lbs, and has 150 more HP.....do the math.

3. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

Im curious to know what your reasoning behind saying it will beat a Maclaren is...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

This thing wouldet touch the Mclaren. It would make a joke out of vipers and give Ferrari's and Lamborghini's a run for there money but it wouldet touch the Mclaren. First of all the mclarens acceleration is better and its topspeed is a hell of alot higher this cars estimated top speed is about 180 and the Mclaren as everyone knows is 241 mph. So dont get me wrong i love this car and it looks like a beautiful machine but it cant touch the MCL.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

Im with you you cant call a new muffler on a piece of crap ''modded out''.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

Ok, let's see. If I owned a GT40 I COULD register it and drive it on the streets. Not so with the MClaren, and the thing only cost 10x as much anyway.

7. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

I like both cars, but considering what each of these two cars were meant for, I dont think it should be catagorized. If it was a drag race of over 5 miles, I would say the Mclaren would win. If it was a track race or endurance race...I would say the GT40 would win. The Mclaren has alot of technolgy behind it in order to make it light enough to go its top speed, which is what it was meant for for top speed. On a race track the Mclaren wouldnt perform as flawless as it would if it was a straight away. Second of all the Mclaren should be comparted to the lingefelter corvette, Saleen S7, sledgehammer vette, dodge henessey etc because it falls under the catagory of being a Tuner since it is using a BMW V12 engine.

8. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ElCam71</i>
    <b> no Mclaren beater, stupid fool!! stock or modded, lets just see when GT40 comes out, GT40 sucks and will not beat any Mclaren!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Did we interrupt you from sukin ur own d!ck?

9. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

Mclarren, NO. This is a great car dont get me wrong but a mclarren f1 would make this car look stupid! Also i think that the guy saying the new chevey will do more than 300mph is full of shite. Yeah the chevey will be bloody fast but i cant imagine it could possibly beat a corvette C5.(modified)

10. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

Apparentally someone forgot to tell the chevy boy that gm scrapped the idea about the 750hp vette, which is why they are working on the cadillac zts.Even if chevy could get that many horseys out of a corvette the price would be soaring.

11. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>dam rite chevy boy shut up no handling #$%#ed viper!!! gm rocks man just wait till 2005 chevy will whip out a 742 hp (or so) corvette hahaha so anwyayz have ure fun vipee toys and u little ford #$%#s the 2005 corvette will be doin 300 mph+ (without electronic control) hahah
    with they say only bout 250mph</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You like to exaggerate don't you!?

Keep it up though.

12. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

i was reading some of these posts and i just wanna say that 4agaze is really smart when it comes to cars and I think that he knows wut the hell hes talkin about. i wish more of u kids out there would shut ur damn mouth unless u know wut he said. if u owuld like to read his post its the second one on the first page.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

This car is one of my favorites next to most lambos but be realistic i dont think this will beat 230 mph. Also if somehow it was able to beat a mclaren f1 it sure wouldnt be by much.

I love Jennifer!!!!!

14. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

wakkawu do you have pictures of the super vette.. i really want to see it and i have heard so much about it.. ty<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>dam rite chevy boy shut up no handling #$%#ed viper!!! gm rocks man just wait till 2005 chevy will whip out a 742 hp (or so) corvette hahaha so anwyayz have ure fun vipee toys and u little ford #$%#s the 2005 corvette will be doin 300 mph+ (without electronic control) hahah
    with they say only bout 250mph</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> wakkawu get your head out of the clouds! like gm is going to do that!<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

THE MCLAREN CAN BE DRIVEN IN THE USA AND YES IT CAN BE REGISTERED. U WANNA COMPARE A PIECE OF SHIT FORD AGAINST THE ABSOLUT GREATEST SUPERCAR EVER MADE, FINE BUT TAKE THESE NUMBERS, THE MCLAREN HAS A M POWERED V12 ENGINE WITH OVER 600 HP, HOW MUCH DOES THE GT40 HAVE. SECOND ISINT THERE A SPECAIL LM EDITION MCLAREN WITH ABOUT 700 HP AND 0-60 IN 2.9 SECONDS. WITHOUT A DOUBT CLOSE TO BUT MORE LIKELY A ECOND FASTER THAN THE GT40. YES IT A MILLION DOLLARS WELL INCASE U HAVENT SEEN THE ENGINE ITS ALL GOLD, U GET FLOWN TO ENGLAND SO U CAN BE FITTED FOR THE CAR. U WILL HAVE 1 OF 73 (I THINK) STREET VERSIONS. YET ANOTHER SO CALLED CAR FREAK WHO WOULDNT KNOW A CAMARO FROM A CORVETTE. GT40 A MCLAREN BEATER WHAT A BLOODY JOKE MAN YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PERSON IVE SEEN ON HERE IN A LONG TIME

17. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

About 10 McLarens made it to the U.S. BMW did build an incredible engine for the car, but if it were made of gold, the block alone would weigh a thousand pounds. The great thing about the GT40 is that it will have supercar performance and will have much better availability due do it's reasonable price and larger productin numbers. I'm a BMW fan, but this guy who posted above me is rude. Ford definitely deserves some credit for having the guts to put this legend into production. Bravo, Ford.

18. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

I think Darrianman was kidding. I hope.

19. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

no Mclaren beater, stupid fool!! stock or modded, lets just see when GT40 comes out, GT40 sucks and will not beat any Mclaren!!

20. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

Ok chevy boy.

21. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

dam rite chevy boy shut up no handling #$%#ed viper!!! gm rocks man just wait till 2005 chevy will whip out a 742 hp (or so) corvette hahaha so anwyayz have ure fun vipee toys and u little ford #$%#s the 2005 corvette will be doin 300 mph+ (without electronic control) hahah
    with they say only bout 250mph

22. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Darrianman</i>
    <b>Considering the cars origional performance, and modern technology added, this car would easily thrash the f1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    wishful thinking<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

School was let out early today.

24. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

with they say only bout 250mph</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How comes it is every time i read you stating about the 2005 vette the numbers change? last time you said it was going to have 500 horsies now its 742.... please kid. dont come up in here with that kind of bullshit! the GT40 will smoke any vette and wait til either steve saleen, jack roush, carroll shelby, or steeda and or OSM gets there hands on a GT40 <!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Maclaren beater!!!!!

THIS CAN'T BEAT A MCLAREN... ARE YOU CRAZY??<!-- Signature -->