more info on the rx-8 and release dates, cost, etc...

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by smrtgi95, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Looks like the rx-8 will be produced in late 2002 as a 2003 model. I'm sure most of you are aware of this. The cost should be in the $24-26000 range as mazda wants to make this a sports car "for the masses." You can also expect a two door, more sporty model down the road, as well as a re-vamped Miata based on this design minus the rotary. for more news you can go to rx-8.com and rotarynews.com. They've got the downlow on everything you want/need to know about the rx-8 (That is currently available).

As a side note, this is a bad ass car. The new renesis engine provides better low end torque than the previous rotarys, acheives 250 naturally aspirated HP, has a 0-60 time of just under 5 seconds, and a 1/4 mile time in the high 14's (91 or so mph...). That last bit is a little depressing, but can be corrected with turbos (already in development) and a bit more aggressive low-end gearing.

Jim

I WILL HAVE THIS CAR.

2. Re: more info on the rx-8 and release dates, cost, etc...

Nice specs and im sure with a few aftermarket conversions this thing will handle like a Dream.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: more info on the rx-8 and release dates, cost, etc...

I want to see a 3-rotor version out before summer '03. I'm expecting ~400hp out of this one, so get working, Mazda.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: more info on the rx-8 and release dates, cost, etc...

I read in a British magazine which tested the final prototype RX8 in Japan, they said they got 0-60 in about 6 seconds. Where did you get your figure?

5. Re: more info on the rx-8 and release dates, cost, etc...

i think he got it from rx8.com

6. Re: more info on the rx-8 and release dates, cost, etc...

this thing looks like a little japanese guy smiling. the doors are a stupid feature.