Mustangs

Discussion in '1994 Ford Mustang GT' started by V8stangman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Mustangs suck

sorry i meant $10,000 into it, not a 10000cc engine.

2. Re: Mustangs suck

If you had a 1995 GT and put $10,000 into the engine, drivetrain, and suspension then it would beat a GT2 in a straight line, mayb around the track. But the amount that you would spend on a GT2, about $180,000,then mildly modifying it isn't worth the money. Spend 200,000 on a GT2 and some upgrades, and spend $200,000 on a Mustang and upgrades, and the mustang will definately beat the GT2 in every contest.

3. Re: Mustangs suck

Yo im wit you id rather put my cash into a stang cuz wit the right stuff they fly and could beat a porshe expecially in 1/4 mile

4. Re: Mustangs suck

Oh, and I suppose then that if you were to spend 1,000,000 on a Mustang then it could still compare with an 800,000 Dauer 962 LeMans with 200,000 in mods huh? you're dreamin' pal.

I'd be willing to bet a large sum of cash that a GT2 with 20,000 worth of mods would still be able to run the track faster than a Mustang with 170,000 in mods. Not to mention the GT2 would still be street legal, and wouldn't have to have its engine rebuilt every week.

5. Re: Mustangs suck

I will have to say i just ran across this web page and saw Runner's
    comment. So I became a member so I could say to Runner that Porsche's
    are like many cars out there they are great cars. But it is by far
    an american muscle car. This meaning it simply can sometimes out do
    another car. But I learned a long time ago if one don't get you
    another one will. And for the fact's on power adders it's all good
    see we did not pay the factory car maker to build our cars. We do
    what american's do best just like our bikes we build custom just how
    we like them. And to think you can not be beat by A mustang just go
    to your local drag strip and then tell yourself you cannot be beat
    by a mustang.And call me cheap but dollar for dollar we can build
    mustangs to out perform your porsche and still fill good about what
    we have. A true american muscle car.

6. Re: Mustangs suck

I'm sorry to say that your Porsche is about the most unreliable German car on the market. I read in Road & Track that over half of Porsches that have the flat 6 require major engine repairs before they reach 40,000 miles. I am also regretful to tell you that my Mustang runs great with 160,000 miles, without any major work done anywhere on the car. My Mustang also whipped a Boxster just last Thursday night. I have an '88 Mustang 5.0 LX. Road & Track also reported that over half of Boxster owners were dissappointed with the car's performance, handling, and reliability.

7. Re: Mustangs suck

I've seen tons of Mustangs with $hit loads of miles on them. Everytime I go to a car show there is always a couple Mustangs running around with well over a 100,000 miles.

8. Re: Mustangs suck

ive got 100,000 miles on my stang, but thats only on the body. the motor only has about 3,000 on it. i kno of plenty of mustangs with high miles that still run very well.

9. Re: Mustangs suck

I have a 94 5.0 GT and it has 193,000 miles on it and it will still kill all those imports and my friends 86 vette.

10. Re: Mustangs suck

My '88 Mustang 5.0 LX has 160,000 miles. It's not an every day driver though.