my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

Discussion in '1994 Ford Mustang GT' started by lonelark, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mig29</i>
    <b>"a nissan maxima wouldnt touch a GT stang with a 10 mile pole..."

all of dumbass rustang owners that are to ignorant to fase the facts need to shut the #$%# up. any maxima 92 and up whould spank eny rustang till 99. we all know how ashamed you are about the ability of your rustang but damnit, take like a man.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yo yo yo my wigga! You cant spell/type for shit! you stupid ricey ricey fans are pathetic. You think that all Japanese cars are fast because Japan makes the Skyline, supra etc.........<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mig29</i>
    <b>"a nissan maxima wouldnt touch a GT stang with a 10 mile pole..."

all of dumbass rustang owners that are to ignorant to fase the facts need to shut the #$%# up. any maxima 92 and up whould spank eny rustang till 99. we all know how ashamed you are about the ability of your rustang but damnit, take like a man.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sorry moron, but the 2002 maxima only runs a 6.4 0-60. So I really doudt that a 92 would be just as fast. Like someone else said, a newer maxima could hang with this older stang, but in the end the stang would win. You are such a loser, haha.

3. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

No, I'm pretty sure that a 92 maxima is a 16 second or high 15 second car. While the mustang GT is a mid to high 14 second car.

4. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

This is the thing I dont get, why do people that dont even have Mustangs come into Mustang forums anyways???? And there is no way in hell that a 92 Maxima could beat a 94 GT... Even though I dont know anything about 92 maximas but the guy said a mere 190 hp... ok the Stang has 215-220 horse and 285 lbs of torque.... whats a maxima have 160 lbs torque if that?????

5. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

mustangs suck ass

For a V-8 from america 215hp is the most pathetic excuse for american iron Ive ever seen. They handle horrible, and ride rough. What a piece. Chevrolet All the way. Bye the way Maximas Rule also. I have a 2002 maxima and itll smoke all mustangs with the exception of the SVT, and Cobra R. Which I give little credit to as well, because Corvettes for the same or less money kill them in all around performance. Have a nice day with your RUSTang that over heats on the side of the road.

F-ound
    O-n
    R-oadside
    D-ead

6. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

Face it this car is pure Ford Mustcrap!!!!There are freakin Saabs that perform just like or better then this crap!

7. Re:
    my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

remember people this car was built in 1994 and only cost 18k USD....look at what costs that much now...Civics...etc...this car back in 94 for the same price will walk on today's cars that cost the same.

8. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

i was wrong!!! my boy has a 2002 nissan maxima (which aint no ryyce rocket its a nice car) and he raced a 99 gt. he pulled off on the mustang but got snatched. was a good close race. BUT my boy BLEW a stock 97 gt ridiculously no mods or nothin ate him up badly.

9. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

the 97 GT still has 215hp....they didnt get more power till 99

10. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

The 95' Cobra 'R' was quite the car I hear. This may ony be rumour though.

11. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

My Dad has Grand Prix that has the same amount of power as this piece of shit. The GP would kill this car in a race and GP is a five door family sedan HA HA. Also my 94 Legend would also whop this shity so called sports car. Adn guess thats a family saden to. You cant use the exuse that this car is old because so are these. FORD IS CRAP!

12. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

first of all why does everyone on this forum talk shit?there's no reason to get mad.as for a maxima beating a mustang, it could happen.a new maxima SE could beat this car.an old SE could not. and as for a corvette beating a cobra r for cheaper don't think so.and a legend could never beat a gt.trust me my friend has one and got beat by gt's all the time.

13. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

Ever heard of power/weight ratio?

The new maxima's do kick ass.

I don't see why you people get so wound up about any Mustang GT, the performance isn't all that impressive, you'd think for such a large unweildy boat that even the GT would be fast, but alas it is not.

Hell, I even beat a '99 GT in straight line acceleration, while driving my '90 Civic SI, now the '90 Civic isn't all that fast (though it's a lot faster than many of you seem to think - try 7-9 seconds for 0-100 km/h) but it makes a decent race car otherwise, but that's besides the point. So I find it very believable that a post '92 Maxima could do the same.

14. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

I do think that a maxima could beat this car in a race. But a civic no way! There are two cars that I really hate one is the Mustang and the other is the civic. Cvic have engine thats way to small and it doen't even rev that high. Mustang have an engine the size of 88 lincoln and only get like 240 horsepower if your going to make a big engine let it rev to at least to the 8 or 9 rpm. But who cares MUSTANG AND CIVICS SUCK!

15. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

I can vouch for a older maxima beating a GT. I raced a mustang GT auto in a auto NA 300zx and managed to take it. My friends 1998 maxima could barely edge me out in the same car. So it is very possible. Mustangs suck, I kow it offends some people but they should know the truth.

16. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

I didn't say it was being driven to max potential, I think it was an automatic, and he seemed to go easy on take off.

As a Rally driver I know how to accelerate quickly when I need to.

And Civics make pretty damn good class level race cars. (p.s. my SI is only running at ~130 hp, not much, but taking into account the low weight, quick gear ratio, and torque , it can accelerate surprisingly quick for a little econobox)

17. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

if you beat even an auto GT plain and simple he WASNT EVEN RACING...and the new GT's they can run a 13.9 on a good day hell even Motor Trend ran a 14.0x with one....a 94 GT ( 5spd coupe)will on average run a 14.9-15.1. The fastest ive seen one run in totally stock trim is a 14.6....i BELIEVE the BRAND new Maxima runs the the 1/4 in about 15 flat, so if this is true...im sorry there is NO WAY in an older maxima you beat this car unless its an auto vert which in real slow

18. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

First off, when the driver pulls up to an intersection beside you, and is someone you know PERSONALLY who is always bragging about their car, and you happen to rev the engine at them, he rev's back, looks at you, grins and accelerates and sticks with you as you accelerate down the road until you reach the next turn, I think it's pretty safe to say that he was racing. In that case though it was all in good fun, for the most part we were making fun of fools like you who seriously race any stranger from a stoplight.

I wasn't driving a Maxima, read my post again, but some Maxima models potentially could, no matter what you say the GT is slow.

I dunno how fast the new maxima is but I know its 1/4 time is faster than that.

And I'd be ashamed to drive a car with fake side air vents and a fake hoodscoop (R!CE)LOL.....Factory produced American R!CE.

oh, and on a good day (ie: cool, light air in the atmosphere, high traction on the road) I've posted a 14 second 1/4 mile run, not completely accurate as we were using a stopwatch in the car, and had just landmarked where 1/4 mile ended went back and made a run at it, but we got roughly 14 sec. + or - .8 seconds in my Stock '90 Civic SI, which has 130 hp, just over 100lb-ft torque, weight slightly reduced for Rally racing, and close ratio gearing. It's all in how you drive it.

19. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

This man is right, I know, I am him.

20. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

14 sec. in a stock civic SI? i dont care if its lightened, it didnt happen.

21. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

He was using a stop watch, the only way to get a good and acurate 1/4 mile time...lol...

22. #47 Ford rulez, Apr 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

"not completely accurate as we were using a stopwatch in the car, and had just landmarked where 1/4 mile ended went back and made a run at it, but we got roughly 14 sec. + or - .8"

Guess you guys didn't read all of that line, did you? Ok, so that ".8" seconds may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I made a point that it wasn't all that accurate, and if I was making that up then I would not have pointed out that it was with a stopwatch, and an unofficial time, geeze, do you people just go around assuming that people are FOS? Or is it just when someone posts something that you may not like (even when they admit that it's not all that accurate) because it indicates that Honda design cars are quicker that what you'd like to think. Anyway, that was the time that the person who was timing me told me, it seemed a bit fast to me, but I'm not going to argue with the person timing me, even though it could have been anywhere from 14 to 17 (on this website: http://www.eurotuned.com/0-60.htm the same car is listed for 16.5 in the 1/4 which seems a bit more realistic to me, though possibly a bit slower than my actual time). So if you think I'm completely FOS, you can go to hell for all I care, but if you accept the fact that without resources to use, you make do with the best you've got, which sometimes isn't all that accurate.

Anyway, if there were one within reasonable distance of where I live, then I'd happily go to a dragstrip and get an official time for how fast I can bring my Civic through the 1/4, but alas, there is no drag strip around here, we have roads sanctioned for REAL forms of racing instead.

23. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

If you knew that the time you gabe was total bullshit then why post it, why even bother? Because you wanted somebody to believe you, and when they didn't you got pissed.
    Where do you live, because drag strips are more common then road courses.

24. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

That may be true where you live.....but it is certainly not true where I live. I have three tracks within 20 miles of me. The nearest drag strip that`s not a makeshift piece of a real track is some 140 miles away.

25. Re: my 93 nissan maxima auto smoked this!!!

Woah, I didn't say that time was bullshit, that's the time I was given, so that's the time I posted, and as I said, it was probably inaccurate, but nevertheless, the point is that it's considerably faster than other cars in the same class for 1990 (even at 16.5).

I live in the middle of Southern British Columbia, 20 min drive from the yankee border. The closest Drag strip (that would provide timeslips and give official results) that I know of is more than 6 hours away, and it's only up and running for 2 months of the year, I'm not about to take a few days off work this summer (hell, I'll only be working two months, gotta save up tuition, board, pizza, and beer money during those two months, so a few days could mean sacrificing a month's worth of food, fortunately the job I found for the summer pays really well) to drive for a total of 12 hours to accelerate as quickly as possible in a straight line when I can do the same here without an accurate time.