my z28's faster

Discussion in '1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

<!-- Signature -->

2. who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

3. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

Hondas are slowest cars unless u put freakin s--t load of money into the engine or chassis then you got i chance. When you see a Honda civic beat a 2002 vette or mustang the honda is moded and the vette or mustang STOCK modify the vette or mustang and the honda is chipmonk in the middle of the street ready for road kill.
    Vettes and Mustangs F--kin tight.

4. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ractive</i>
    <b>Hondas are slowest cars unless u put freakin s--t load of money into the engine or chassis then you got i chance. When you see a Honda civic beat a 2002 vette or mustang the honda is moded and the vette or mustang STOCK modify the vette or mustang and the honda is chipmonk in the middle of the street ready for road kill.
    Vettes and Mustangs F--kin tight. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That's like saying a Ford Focus beating a Honda NSX, becuz the Focus is modded. Why do people keep comparing economy cars with sports cars?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

True story. I was out one night with my brither and we desided to go to the cruising strip for a bit to meet with someone. As cruising by there plenty of little races which were kind of fun to look at. So I get a red light and a Rustang pulls up to my Prelude. It looked like a 94, so I'm thinking, this guy is and idiot. Maybee he thinks I'm driving a civic or something. So he starts staring at me and I knew he wanted to race. So I reved a little bit, to let him know and I guess the dumd ass forgot he was driving a ford and started reving his poor excuse for an engine. It sounded like he was reving past 3 grand which is probably the redline is on a rustang, and told my brother to watch the rustang. And then BOOM. smoke starts coming from under the rustangs hood. It was the funniest shit i've ever seen. I wish I had a camera there. I wish he whould have not done that some I could show another idiotic rustang owner what his car was really about. #$%#ing punks

6. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

hey dumb ass no body believes your story, because most good mustangs can beat your prelude, they are not that fast. second why compare a sedan or econo car to a sport car, it doesn't make sense.

7. camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

8. Re: camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

Any Mustang will beet any Camoro any day of the week...and mustang cobras and saleens will dog Corvettes..

FORD LIST-
    -Jaguar
    -Aston Martin
    -Mazda
    -Mercury
    -Volvo
    -Land Rover
    - and are involved with Mitsubishi's..

The only reson people hate mustangs .. is b/c somebody has one.. and they have crap.. b/c they can't afford it... Mustangs are here to stay.. So Get OVER IT!

9. Re: camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

GOOD GOD!!!!! Why in the hell does everyone always compare Saleen Mustangs to Corvettes. You cannot compare a built Mustang to a stock Corvette(Also, not very Saleens will run with a Z06)If thats the game you wanna play, Compare the Saleen to a Lingerfelter Corvette. Now its fair and the Vette smokes your ass!!!

10. Re: camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

LOL THIS MUSTANG COULD KILL THAT CAR

11. Re: camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

A Z28 would lose. This car pute out 15 more horsepower than a stock LS-1. Car and driver have done 0-60 in 4.8 seconds in these cars.

12. Re: I'm gonna buy one :D

Yeah, stock corvettes. And what the hell are you talking about "any mustang will beat any camaro"? Where the hell have you been. I've yet to see a camaro lose to ANY camaro or corvette. Here's another thing to all the people who think the 2003 SVT Cobra is so pimp: they turned it into a legit factory r!ce rocket. They finally realized that no matter what they do, their wussy-ass 4.7 liter has no nuts compared to a 5.7 liter beast, so they stuck a supercharger on it. Unless i have my facts wrong, i believe that that's the only way honda's and acura's get power too. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong w/ a little supercharged action. I'm just saying that if guys w/ their supercharged mustangs think they are pimp, do they have ANY IDEA at all how much a camaro would CASTRATE any mustang if you bolted a supercharger onto it? and finally, i dont make fun of mustangs because i have crap. I have an 87 Porsche 944 and a 2000 Boxster S, which would both whoop on any GT or 5.0, and mustangs are here to stay because, what else are the dumb-shits of the world supposed to drive?

13. Re: I'm gonna buy one :D

ok smart guy...the way acuras and honda's get their boosts in horsepower are Variable valve timing and cam profiles..and extremely efficient breathing capabilities..2nd of all its a 4.6 not a 4.7...3rd of all ford is winning the battle that ford and gm really care about...sales..maybe thats why f-bodies went bye bye and the mustang is still here.....and ford went with supercharging because of A. its cheaper than making a larger version and b. everyone in the aftermarket does it anyway...and try going 10's in your ls1 with nothing more than a pulley swap and some slicks....you must be the dumbest person on here

14. Re: camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

oh yeah...and 944's are about the slowest porsche's ever produced..and your precious boxter s is a competitor to our v-6 mustang..which runs mid 14's with a stick.....my cobra would annhialate you

15. Re: camaro z28 vs this ugly crap

Has anyone seen the newest edition of Motor Trend? They tested a 2003 Mustang Cobra against a 2003 Corvette. This was NOT a Z06. This was a stock 350 hp Corvette. Even though the Corvette had 40 less hp, it was still faster in 0-60 times and quarter mile. Now after seeing this, I wonder why people are saying that cobras are faster than Z06's. Just imagine if they had put this Cobra against a Z06. It would have got beat even more. If you really want proof of this, just look at a May 2003 issue of motor trend. A regular Corvette ran 0-60 in 4.72, but the Cobra ran it in 4.86. In the quarter mile, the Corvette ran 13.02 and the Cobra ran 13.12. You must have never raced a Corvette in your Cobra, becuase if you had you would have been beaten, and I'm sure you wouldn't be boasting about how fast your precious little Cobra is. And when it comes to Z28's, they can beat Mustang GT's, which is what its main competetor is. Mustang GT's only have 260 hp, compared to a Z28's 310. Also, the Z28 is cheaper than a mustang GT. A Cobra may be able to beat a Z28, but remeber that you are paying over 15,000 dollars more for a Cobra. For the money, give me a Z28.