NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by AussieRide, Dec 31, 2003.

1. hey the SLR V8 king could be beaten this has a 5.4 supercharged V8 so does the SLR so the SLR only has 24v this has 32v does it not, well up the supercharger to 460kw, then buy back the GT40 name and a two modle range you have.

And this V8 can go further than the SLR if you try...

2. Re: NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

yeah but cmon this one looks like a classic and it is, i agree with you bout the name though they should go back to the original. but have u seen the one concept one for 2005 it is a beast man it has over 550kw all ready without supercharching it imagine if you did supercharge it!!!!!

3. Re: NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

This is a new car to commemorate the old one but it is a car of its own now. It is almost like the old GT40s but you have to give these new cars the same prestige that the old GT40s had. Giving it its own name isnt calling this car a GT40 like Pontiac did with the GTO. I think the name is fine.

4. Re: NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

Yeah, Pontiac f*cked up the GTO. Sides, the original GT40s were originally called the Ford GT, but were renamed because it stood 40 inches tall. Stockholders seemed to prefer the name GT40 so it stuck.

5. Re: NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

Yea Pontiac really messed up the GTO. It is horrible that they put the GTO named on an Aussie "economy" car. I also think that Ford GT printed on the side looks better than GT40.

6. Re: NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

Yeah. Im glad they called i the Ford GT, it sounds more powerful than the name "GT40".

7. Re: NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

Yea it is to the point... when someone says Ford GT you are goin to know what they are talkin about... it is a Ford GT!!!!!!!

8. Re: NEED THE NAME FORD!!!

If only Ford would race the GT again. That would be sweet.