Needs more RPM

Discussion in '1938 Cadillac Series 90 V16' started by SBchevy4evr, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Needs more RPM

lower peak rpm like this is actually better for street use. i don't think people will be using this to 'plow a drive way' (what is that, any ways?) cheaper insureance, and the ability to haul things you wouldn't put in a trunk (motorcycles, gas, maneure, just to name a few) are some reasons to have a muscle truck. but honestly, another is the pure sleeper potential. if you saw a 2000 cobra and a lightning, you'd think, wow, that cobra will tear the lightning a new a, but in fact, the inverse is true.<!-- Signature -->

2. This car may look fast with its 380hp and sleek design, but you wont get far with only 4750 rpm, cuz you'll burn out the engine too quick. Cmon a VW beetle has more RPM than this car.

Wouldn't you agree?????

Ignore the other forum i wrote for this cuz itz blank<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Needs more RPM

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from USRACING</i>
    <b>This car may look fast with its 380hp and sleek design, but you wont get far with only 4750 rpm, cuz you'll burn out the engine too quick. Cmon a VW beetle has more RPM than this car.

Wouldn't you agree?????

Ignore the other forum i wrote for this cuz itz blank</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    i dont know what you are talking about. that is where the engine makes its peak power. it doesnt mean it wont rev higher than that. besides its better to make torque down low in the rpm range.

4. Re: Needs more RPM

this thing would kill with a t-56 tranny!

5. Re: Needs more RPM

Its a truck people. Who in there right mind revs the crap out of a truck. Trucks need low end torque for towing and because they are heavier than your average car. It might be a higher performance truck but remember it is still a truck and will be used for a trucks intended purpose. Think about it.

6. Re: Needs more RPM

No coronet it will not be used for towing or any kind of work at all. Do you use your hot rod to tug a stump out of your yard? obviosly not. It is a sport truck and is not meant for anyting other then burning its oponents on the street. It is simply a high performance car with a truck body, some people prefer the look of a truck that is all. When is the last time you've seen a f-150 lightning plowing a drive way? you dont and you never will.

7. Re: Needs more RPM

yesterday.

8. Re: Needs more RPM

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from creamcheese</i>
    <b>No coronet it will not be used for towing or any kind of work at all. Do you use your hot rod to tug a stump out of your yard? obviosly not. It is a sport truck and is not meant for anyting other then burning its oponents on the street. It is simply a high performance car with a truck body, some people prefer the look of a truck that is all. When is the last time you've seen a f-150 lightning plowing a drive way? you dont and you never will.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You have a point but its a truck with a truck chasis. Someone will use it to haul stuff around with so ford took that into consideration.
    I think your right about it being meant for burning oponents on the street. At least ford has the right idea as far as a sports truck goes.

9. Re: Needs more RPM

this thing wouldnt move with a t-56. most people cant get by without peeling out in an auto what do you think goobers will do in a stick?<!-- Signature -->