New Delorean in 2004?

Discussion in '1981 DeLorean DMC-12' started by Delorean DMC-12 Rocks, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: New Delorean in 2004?

the man is 77 now, and in two years hes 79, do you think he wants to run a company at his age? he was the Vice President of GM and offered him the postion of President but he knew the stress first hand(knowing the President) and didnt take it, he started his car company instead. he left gm and the GTO he created had left with him. this means he most likely wont go for the DMC-2. maybe his son or daughter, but not him.<!-- Signature -->

2. Does anyone know about the New Delorean that is currently being designed by Italdesign and Lamborghini for 2004?<!-- Signature -->

3. #3 Boosted DMC, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  4. #4 RLQ, Aug 9, 2002
    Re: New Delorean in 2004?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Boosted DMC</i>
    <b>goto:

www.deloreantime.com

All you want to know.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I hope Delorean DMC-12 Rocks has more info. on this. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: New Delorean in 2004?

you do know delorean was jailed for fraud (poor lotus), right?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: New Delorean in 2004?

Honestly, I will be amazed if the cars get built, just for the fact (other than his age) is he does not have that polished of a reputation in the automotive field. Alot of people lost money in the original DeLorean Motor Company, and i personally do not see the new car getting built. But you never know! I hope this time he is able to pull it off
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: New Delorean in 2004?

1. The Firestar 500 is supposed to sell at 20,000 USD, and it will have McLearan Performance (0-60 in 3.2 seconds) . They are aimed at the 16-25 crowd. They say there too many accidents involving young people and fast cars as it is now. Now see what happens to those stats a high performance supercar at such a low price that could be easily accessed by the average joe

2. The DMC2 is supposed to retail at over 1,000 000 USD. Guess how many of these will sell.

3. Firestar 500 was in concept stages for nearly 20 years now.

4. DMC2 is supposed to push over 1,250 HP. Not too many drivers can handle that power.

5. JZD himself is not only aging, but also has a bad reputation.

As nice as it would be to see these cars, we will probably never see this day, nor would some of us really want to<!-- Signature -->

8. #8 TIM MIESTER, Aug 9, 2002
    Re: New Delorean in 2004?

Another nice site for DMC2 and Firestar info is

www.delorean2k.cjb.net

<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: New Delorean in 2004?

I don't think they will come out with one!

10. Re: New Delorean in 2004?

deloreans should make exotics...that can out perform ferraris, lambos, astons just to name a few...that would be great<!-- Signature -->

11. New Delorean in 2004?

hope, although doubt it, that a new 2004 delorean hit the streets, that would be amazing!!!!!

12. It would be nice to see a prototype atleast... Even it doesn't go to production...