Next-gen Dodge Viper news

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by V8stangman, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Yeah man, I'm so jealous. So so jealous.

2. DONT FEED THE TROLL

anyway, that front looks like shit. ass is sexy though

3. I wouldn't assume that every idiot is a troll. This guy could genuinely be a moron.

4. jealous your ugly ass gayron

So so great

5. #305 TOXA, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  6. Only a Gayron loving doushebag on the American car forum such as yourself should be considered an idiot, and a troll. GFY!

7. Prototype being tested. Wait until you see the final car before you judge it.

8. Its 944turbo or 20krpm or something

9. yeah now it's obviously a troll. lame.

10. It's neither...Lame!

11. To your point, the final car could be butt ugly. How about you wait until you see the final car before you become a mindless fanboy.

12. We've already seen, what, three generations of Vipers? They've all been shit. Only Chrysler would put an $80k price tag on a pile of PT Cruiser bits bolted to a truck engine.

13. whats a better deal hemi ram or vipper??

same f-in truck.

14. Laughed.

15. #315 V8stangman, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    SRT Viper Renders Ferrari Boss Speechless

Regarded round the world for its exotic supercars, Ferrari counts itself among the automotive elite — and for good reason. That’s why it came as such a compliment when Ferrari boss, presumably Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, stood speechless in front of the SRT Viper.

Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne described Montezemolo’s reaction as exactly that during a radio interview on a Detroit station, though he never referred to the Ferrari chairman by name, only by title.

“The car is a superb machine,” Marchionne, told WJR-AM radio. “I had the chairman of Ferrari down here for the board meeting last week and he had a chance to look at the car, and he was speechless. I mean, for Ferrari to admit that the car is a unique vehicle is a hell of a compliment to the work that’s gone on here. So I’m delighted. I mean, so far, knock on wood, we’re doing well.”

With an undeniably enthusiastic reception at last month’s New York Auto Show, there’s no question that the SRT Viper is becoming a media darling. It’s Italian-influenced design and aggressive 8.4-liter V10 with 640 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque will be more than enough to put a crick in your neck if you aren’t careful off the line. That’s nothing new for the potent road snake, but its curvaceous styling seen by many as Ferrari influenced is.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/srt-viper-renders-ferrari-boss-speechless.html

16. I love the car but they did ruin the front, no matter what anyone says.

17. lets be honest here... it wouldnt matter what they built, you would hate it simply because of the badge/origin... that can be the only explanation for such irrational dislike.

despite the fact that the interior was shit, and it was assembled with spare bits and pieces... the previous gen vipers were never meant to be luxurious or classy... they were a fringe division of a shitty car producer working on a limited budget for a low volume side project, they meant to build monster muscle car semi-exotic, and they wiped the floor with many real exotics for an entry level price.... it was not a "shit" car... it did exactly what it was meant to do, and considering where it came from, its a hell of a success.

now that they have racing pedigree and some experience under their belt, theyre taking the next step and trying to refine the shortcomings of previous models, as well as raise the level of overall quality. if you truly love cars, you would be commending them for taking such actions.

18. Hater!

19. Why don't you mind your own effin business and go jerk off on the jap/euro trash board. This car will rape anything you own or will hope to own.

20. Youtube level comments.

21. can a mod gives us the ip location on this guy? this way we'll know if its a troll or an actual idiot

22. eh what? It was a $100K drag racer.

pretty f'in boring and woudln't wipe a nissan gtrs fecal fetus on the nurburgering!!

23. you'll never own one so what are you even talking about?

24. yeah good point... that viper is just a shitty drag car, it doesnt even need to have a steering wheel since it cant handle turns.

6:48 Radical SR8 LM
    6:55 Radical SR8
    7:11.57 Gumpert Apollo Sport

7:12:13 Dodge Viper ACR (2010)

7:14.64 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package
    7:14.89 Donkervoort D8 RS
    7:18 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
    7:18.1 Donkervoort D8 RS
    7:19.63 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (2012)

7:22.1 Dodge Viper ACR (2009)

7:22.68 Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 (2012)
    7:24 Porsche 911 GT2 RS

7:24.22 Nissan GT-R (2011)

7:24.3 Maserati MC12
    7:24.44 Pagani Zonda F Clubsport
    7:25.7 Ferrari Enzo
    7:26.4 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (2009)

7:26.70 Nissan GT-R (2009)

7:27.82 Pagani Zonda F Clubsport
    7:28.0 Porsche Carrera

7:29.03 Nissan GT-R (2009)

7:32.0 Porsche 911 GT2 (2008)
    7:32.92 Ferrari 458 Italia