Next generation, C55 AMG

Discussion in '2001 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG' started by G1zm0, Jul 25, 2003.

1. German car magazine "Auto Bild" reports in July 2003:
    The C 32 AMG supercharger is pensioned-off. Mercedes replaces the supercharged V6 with a normally aspirated V8 - as once with the C 43 AMG of the first series ((W203)). But this time a 5.5-litre engine with 367 PS and 510 Nm comes into service which we already know from other AMG-variants. For power transformation a five-speed automatic transmission with speedshift-paddles on the steering wheel is responsible.

And they report further:
    A more individual design gets the C 55 AMG which is powered-up to 367 PS. The grille reminds on the CLK, the bumpers look like those of the SL 55 and the five-spoke wheels are 17 inch on the front and 18 inch on the rear.

End of translation of excerpts of an article from "Auto Bild" - ((remark)) by MBSPY

2. Re: Next generation, C55 AMG

Does anybody else notice that Mercedes only make fast cars by putting in huge engines, I notice that a lot.

Angus

3. Re: Next generation, C55 AMG

I reaD ABOUT MERCEDES BUILDING A c55
    aLL PEOPLE WANT THESE DAYS ARE CARS WITH HUGE ENGINES.

mAYBE THE c55 WILL COMPETE BETTER AGAINST THE m3

4. Re: Next generation, C55 AMG

you got a problem? the cars have a lot of torque and MB is trying to be extremely good to the environment. thats the way to go... even the AMG models only have 3 valves per cylinder...

5. Re: Next generation, C55 AMG

No, i don't have a problem. Mercedes just puts a huge engine in the car, supercharges it, so it only goes fast in a straight line.

Angus

6. Re: Next generation, C55 AMG

7. Re: Next generation, C55 AMG

The Koenigsegg, SLR and GT40 are supercharged.
    They'd beat every BMW around a track as well, not to mention every Ferrari but the Enzo.
    Just because a car uses forced induction doesn't mean it can't corner.