nice...

Discussion in '2002 BMW 330Ci Clubsport' started by Sinister, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: nice...

its not really that good anyways. not good power. its heavy... proabaly RWD. meh i've seen much better. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: nice...

it is still a pretty nice car and could beat any 'ol jap crap car.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: nice...

Sinister, why do you keep saying "I bet it's RWD?" RWD cars have their advantages too...it's called agility<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: nice...

since someone started talking about RWD, I must say something?

What da ya mean by "I bet it's RWD" (implying that it's not good)

Didn't you know that RWD is the best drivetrain there is? A skilled driver can drive a RWD car faster than any other type (assuming same power). Oh, maybe you don't have good skills, that's why you think AWD is better. I don't blame you, AWD and FWD are really easier to drive.

Disadvantage of AWD, heavier, more expensive, use more fuel, understeer, lack of agility, less fun, worse cornering performance, etc , etc, you don't want me to go to the details man.

5. Re: nice...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Davut</i>
    <b>since someone started talking about RWD, I must say something?

What da ya mean by "I bet it's RWD" (implying that it's not good)

Didn't you know that RWD is the best drivetrain there is? A skilled driver can drive a RWD car faster than any other type (assuming same power). Oh, maybe you don't have good skills, that's why you think AWD is better. I don't blame you, AWD and FWD are really easier to drive.

Disadvantage of AWD, heavier, more expensive, use more fuel, understeer, lack of agility, less fun, worse cornering performance, etc , etc, you don't want me to go to the details man.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I agree, RWD is the best drivetrain, not the AWD can compare!

6. Re: nice...

Hey, at least you agree with me for once, that RWD is the best, yeah man. Since I am kinda supporting BMW (RWD) against Audi, that's why u agree with me rite? ahah

7. Re: nice...

This would be a terrific car, but it should have a six-speed. RWD is the best for enthusiast driving, that's why most if not all the top race cars have RWD. High performance all wheel drive set-ups like the Porsche 911 have up to 40 percent of the torque tranferrable to the front wheels if and only if slip is detected in the rear.

8. Re: nice...

i'd have to agree, a six speed would be nice, especially with that SMG II, but then again, thats probably only for hte M3 on 3-series cars. i do like how the 20 kg of insulation was removed to increase engine noise..i should do that to my cars

RWD is good like usual, even though FWD is much easier at times.

for all around look-racy/good with probably much-over average performance in a luxury package, this could be very sweet

9. Re: nice...

I MIGHT NOT HAVE A 330CI CLUBSPORT,
    BUT I STILL LIKE MY 2002 MODEL 325CI COUPE (ALOT CHEAPER)
    IF I CAN BE BOTHERED ILL UPGRADE MY BEEMA, NOT MUCH NEEDS 2 BE DONE 2 IT, AS IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD, AND IS GREAT 2 DRIVE 4 MY 1ST CAR!
    BUT YEAH I LIKE THAT 330CI, I JUST HOPE IT DOESNT COME WITH THE UGLY BLACK MESSING OVER THE INTERCOOLER, IM GOING 2 REPLACE THAT WITH STAINLESS STEEL MESHING INSTEAD ALOT BETTER THAN BLACK PLASTIC.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. AWD Snobs

Don't mind our resident Audi friend here. They're genetically
    predispositioned to ignore the fantastic weight imposed by the
    AWD systems they cling so lovingly to.

Forget that Tiff Needell complained incessantly about horrid
    levels of nagging understeer in even the Audi RS4, which is a
    world beyond the A4 sedans most of Thee AWD Brethren seem to
    own and cherish. Forget that the thing was boring in the turns,
    too. What matters most is that we have four drive wheels. Sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love AWD in the snow. Some systems are
    nicer than others, too. But strutting around, fronting like AWD
    is the magical performance solution of the world, is stupid and
    incorrect. There's a world of reasons to go with a pure, simple
    RWD configuration instead, and AWD snobbery comes across less as
    a considered performance opinion than crutch-hobbling and buyer
    self-therapy. Go tell TVR they need to abandon RWD.

T.

11. Re: nice...

RWD is a better choice, because it handles well and stuff, but if you have a light car with a lot of horsepower AWD might help with the handling (exactly why Subaru choise to go with AWD on their Imprezas)<!-- Signature -->