No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by RealFox, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Camaro f@ckin' totally kicks ass! "Yes, even GOD owns a nice 1969 Super Sport" lol ;)<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

how much did the heads do?

3. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

"4: The Mustang vs Camaro rivalry has gone back and forth for years. The 5.0 Mustangs were faster than the Camaros of their time. The 01+ Cobras are running 13s (very similar times to the SS) and they kill the SS in breaking, handling, and even the quality of the interior. The 03 Cobras are rumored to be supercharged and have 390 horse power out the door."

There was a time when the Camaro had a 302, and was bad as hell. The 01 Cobras are great cars. They have better handling, but can't compete with the SS in speed. One thing I don't understand is why people say that Mustangs have better interiors. They are both made from the same cheap ass plastic.

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

Yea, Im just a car guy in general. I have a 93 Mustang 5.0 and its a great car, I just like them better than camaros. But I dont talk **it on camaros. I agree that the interiors of both cars arnt THAT great, the camaros is a bit cramped and plain for my taste and the mustangs plastic inside (94+ models) is bulky and noisy. American muscle is American muscle, I agree with whoever said "Thats what imports are for".

5. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 95Z28</i>
    <b>"4: The Mustang vs Camaro rivalry has gone back and forth for years. The 5.0 Mustangs were faster than the Camaros of their time. The 01+ Cobras are running 13s (very similar times to the SS) and they kill the SS in breaking, handling, and even the quality of the interior. The 03 Cobras are rumored to be supercharged and have 390 horse power out the door."

There was a time when the Camaro had a 302, and was bad as hell. The 01 Cobras are great cars. They have better handling, but can't compete with the SS in speed. One thing I don't understand is why people say that Mustangs have better interiors. They are both made from the same cheap ass plastic.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I would consider running 13s at least close enough to compete. MMFF magazine got 13.5xx on just the second run, and weather only permitted them to make 2 runs.
    As far as the interior goes, in my opinion and the opinion of many reviews the Mustang's is nicer. My last car was an 01 Saleen Mustang S281. Ignoring the white Saleen gauges, the interior was MUCH better than the Camaros I test drove. The seats were much thicker and made with a nicer leather. Even the buttons and dials are nicer.
    No, the Mustang doesn't have plush luxury interior. But let's just say it's not AS cheap as the Camaro's. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Speedster</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from stars</i>
    <b>Who would want a Mustang if you could buy a camaro.
    Compare any mustang to a camaro and you will soon want to search for a used camaro.Also the camaro is more appealing to the eye.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Dont get me wrong i like camaros but it is my opinion that mustangs look better. These two cars are part of our American heritage and you really dont need to trash either one of them. Thats what jap cars are for.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I know it's an old quote, but I just love it

hahaha yes, jap cars are for trashing..<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

lol god has two cars, a corvette and a camaro<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

Who would want a Mustang if you could buy a camaro.
    Compare any mustang to a camaro and you will soon want to search for a used camaro.Also the camaro is more appealing to the eye.

9. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

yeah lets try and make these forums peaceful. There is no need to fight between ourselves. We have one emeny and thats the pocket rocket 4 bangers<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

hey wut the #$%# is wrong with u drivin a mustang i mean CAMAROS r known since the beggining o ftime to b faster then piece of shit fords never line up mustang with a camaro cause the gm will blow ur doors off and remember friends don't let friends drive fords

11. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

Mustangs are GARBAGE!!!!!!!!! Yesterday a $60,000 Cobra R pulled up alongside my '98 SS, and he picked a fight w/ the wrong SS. My SS has heads and a NOS system, and i had it rated at 602 hp, and 515hp at the pavement. I Sucked that Cobra R up like you wouldnt believe. And what i love is that i only spent about $4,000 total on the car, puttin me at a Grand total of about $32,000. Im sure a new Camaro or Trans-Am could take that overpriced and overplasticed Mustang. Not bad, i sh*t on a mustang that cost twice as much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

What heads do you have on your Camaro and how much nitrous oxide do you have going in? Did you put a new camshaft in there, new pistons?

13. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

i have a Venom nitrous kit. I can squeeze 120 hp out of it. Its all adjustable, but i did it at about 1/2 the max. Look into it, it really isnt that bad, about $1400 for it. New heads were the best thing i ever did, i would get that before i got NOS<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

Yeah, the Cobra Rs are shit, but don't be cursing out the Stangs in general. Try a 2003 Cobra, modify it, then who'll be smiling? Besides, as always, it's all a matter of taste. I personally like the sound of the 5.0 V8 and the 87-93 looks, but that's me. Maybe you don't care, but it's a free country. Respect my opinion, for I respect yours. And as long as we all know that Jap is crap, I'm happy.

15. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dusty427</i>
    <b>Mustangs are GARBAGE!!!!!!!!! Yesterday a $60,000 Cobra R pulled up alongside my '98 SS, and he picked a fight w/ the wrong SS. My SS has heads and a NOS system, and i had it rated at 602 hp, and 515hp at the pavement. I Sucked that Cobra R up like you wouldnt believe. And what i love is that i only spent about $4,000 total on the car, puttin me at a Grand total of about $32,000. Im sure a new Camaro or Trans-Am could take that overpriced and overplasticed Mustang. Not bad, i sh*t on a mustang that cost twice as much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1: Your story sounds like BS because there are only about 300 Cobra Rs in the world (I assume you're talking about the 2000 Cobra R). The chances of you just "pulling up next to one" are very remote.

2: It's always cheaper to buy a less expensive car and modify it to be faster

3: Part of the reason for the price of the Cobra R is the limited production. It's a collector's item.

4: The Mustang vs Camaro rivalry has gone back and forth for years. The 5.0 Mustangs were faster than the Camaros of their time. The 01+ Cobras are running 13s (very similar times to the SS) and they kill the SS in breaking, handling, and even the quality of the interior. The 03 Cobras are rumored to be supercharged and have 390 horse power out the door.

Both Ford and Chevy have their strong points. Ford doesn't "suck" and neither does Chevy<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dusty427</i>
    <b>Mustangs are GARBAGE!!!!!!!!! Yesterday a $60,000 Cobra R pulled up alongside my '98 SS, and he picked a fight w/ the wrong SS. My SS has heads and a NOS system, and i had it rated at 602 hp, and 515hp at the pavement. I Sucked that Cobra R up like you wouldnt believe. And what i love is that i only spent about $4,000 total on the car, puttin me at a Grand total of about $32,000. Im sure a new Camaro or Trans-Am could take that overpriced and overplasticed Mustang. Not bad, i sh*t on a mustang that cost twice as much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    How come every camaro owner says that they beat a cobra r?!? WHY?!? Only 300 were made so the chances that you raced on are pretty slim!
    Also are you saying that the mustangs have to much plastic?!? Have you ever seen the inside of a camaro or firebird? Mustang interiors are 100 times better! Don't get me wrong I love all the cars I mentioned (camaro, firebird, stangs) but some people need to lay off the bs alittle and come back to reality!

17. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

I know what you mean! Many Chevy guys seem to be in a cult that programs them to think that everything about Ford and everything Ford does just sucks. I love loud torquey American cars, no matter who makes them.

99% of the guys who say, "I beat a Cobra R" are full of shxt. There were only 300 made, and most of them spend majority of the time in a garage under a car cover. <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

Right on, Seansvette. You're one of the few with common sense.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: No-no, ya meant: Camaros *are* better than Mustangs...

Take the 2002 Camero SS and the 2002 SVT Mustang Cobra, well the has a 4.6 liter DOHC v-8, high revver, but doesn't have torque. The tried and true 5.7 liter OHV v-8 Not a high revver but a torque monster. The weight of the vehicle, well the mustang is heavier. The mustang has a 1g advantage on the lateral acceleration, but the camero is faster in the 600ft slolam, The braking power is one sided, the camero! Well if you want to say that mustangs are better then look at the facts, and then define what makes a good car, for the more performance orianted buyer the camero is king!