No wonder the sales were crap!

Discussion in '1999 HSV VT XU6' started by AVFalcon, Aug 9, 2002.

1. this had no success selling so they stoped building it because the XR6 was more popular by double selling the XU6.

2. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

Ha Ha good to see another win for ford

3. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mattclarke</i>
    <b>this had no success selling so they stoped building it because the XR6 was more popular by double selling the XU6.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You're a knob stop spreading crap, they still sell these and they eat XR6's for breakfast. The only car that Ford sells better than Holden is the ute, nothing else.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

What The FÜCK are you high on mattclarke? if you think this got shit on by xr6, then you need to punch yourself in tha "nuts" cos you talkin shit!

5. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

I don't remember sying such a stupid quote.

But down to the point. The HSV is of course going to beat the Ford. And it did. That's it end of story (stupid thread)

6. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

the XR6 lost in sales to the XU6. the au xr6 was nothing special, it was just a less powerful and cheaper XR8. The BA XR6 however will be a damn good car, and the XR6T will be even better. Sales should hopefully become closer, but i think Holden will still win in the sales, not many people sway from holden to ford, a lot of people will buy just ford or just holden not looking at the opposition.

7. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

There is no way the XU6 outsold the XR6. Every bloody 2nd fleet Ford (taxis excepted) is an XR6, HSV sold so few XU6's that they no longer offer the model.

The cars don't compete though, the HSV starts at about $48 000, more expensive than a 5.7 litre SS.

8. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

I've never seen an XR6 taxi in my life.

9. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

lol, xr6 taxi... that would make my day anytime

10. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

XR6 was just a way for ford to make a few bucks. They are as ordinary as hell and have now better performance than the futura. It's a load of bull. Anyway as much of a holden fan as i am i dont think i could fork out almost ten grand for an extra 9kw.

11. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

Yup

12. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

Yup

13. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

What the?

14. Re: No wonder the sales were crap!

What the?