Not a Gt40

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by sk8er1988, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Ford could not buy the name from the owner, so the modern day recreation willl not be called the GT40. strange, huhh?

2. Re: Not a Gt40

Ford didnt think they would ever attempt to bring back the GT40. Although, this should be called the GT44, as it is 44 inches tall and not 40...

3. Re: Not a Gt40

it's beautiful,it can compare with ferrari and lambo

4. Re: Not a Gt40

Wow, and water's wet!

5. Re: Not a Gt40

I mean baout the competing Lambo and Ferrari thing. I think it's ugly, loox like someone dropped an anvil on the hood

6. Re: Not a Gt40

no.

7. Re: Not a Gt40

Instead of buying the copyright GT40 name from the person, Ford gave the man one of two concept Gt40s that were built when they were first unveiled, so Ford owns the name GT40 now.

8. Re: Not a Gt40

Actually no. Ford offered him two GT40 concepts plus 1 million dollars but the guy refused. Instead he wanted 40 mllion for the name and Ford refused. That guy is a greedy ass and I hope his company goes out of business. By the way I got this from Motor Trend. Ford still does not own the GT40 name.

9. Re: Not a Gt40

Thanks for the correction. I guess I read a short version of the entire story

10. Re: Not a Gt40

It's ok it happens a lot.

11. Re: Not a Gt40

The Ford GT sounds fine w/ me.

12. Re: Not a Gt40

exactly. no shit it can compare. It beat ferrari in lemans on th reg, no shit!

13. Re: Not a Gt40

Correct. Same name, but not the same spirit. :)

14. Re: Not a Gt40

It was first called the Ford GT anyway (the origional car that is).

They were built in the UK and the poms are pissed off because these are only being built in left hand drive, so not drivable on the road over there. Ford GT origional program was build and run from the UK and they can't even drive the new car on their home turf...