Not the fastest car in the world.

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by eamh2002, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Not fastest.But the fastest road car u can get.

Fastest car in the world is the Thrust ssc it's speed is 1 227,99 kph

2. Man, the fastest car in the world is the Spirit of 76'. Man that baby can go up to 436 m.p.h.! But I don't know what it looks like.

3. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

yeah right... its probably a dragster your talking about. yuo know, the ones that runs on methanol and kant take a u turn on a fotballfield...

4. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari F40 GTE</i>
    <b>yeah right... its probably a dragster your talking about. yuo know, the ones that runs on methanol and kant take a u turn on a fotballfield...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you are prolby right or it could be on of the world record one that race on the salt flats

---------------
    guns dont kill people...........i do!

5. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarFreak1019</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari F40 GTE</i>
    <b>yeah right... its probably a dragster your talking about. yuo know, the ones that runs on methanol and kant take a u turn on a fotballfield...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you are prolby right or it could be on of the world record one that race on the salt flats

---------------

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> if it were k.p.h he were talking about i wouldnt say anything but m.p.h. that must be imposible for a without rockets

6. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari F40 GTE</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarFreak1019</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari F40 GTE</i>

---------------

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> if it were k.p.h he were talking about i wouldnt say anything but m.p.h. that must be imposible for a without rockets</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, the fastest car was a jet car that was built in England somewhere. It wasn't raced anywhere or anything, but it did shatter the on land speed record by 200 mph.(and yes, it was mph and not kph).

7. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Fastest car in the world is the Thrust ssc it's speed is 1 227,99 kph

The Thrust SSC is NOT the fastest car , because its NOT a car its basicly a land based rocket with three wheels ,its not production based, piston engine passenger car.

8. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Technically the fastest car in the world is the Spirit of America, but Scotti Ducati is right, its just a big jet with a seat and wheels.

9. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jpec2</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarFreak1019</i>

---------------

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> if it were k.p.h he were talking about i wouldnt say anything but m.p.h. that must be imposible for a without rockets</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, the fastest car was a jet car that was built in England somewhere. It wasn't raced anywhere or anything, but it did shatter the on land speed ofrecord by 200 mph.(and yes, it was mph and not kph).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->of course the fastest car is a rocket car, but mu apinion is that a car has a engine 4 wheels and drive on the wheels. not a airplane without wings.

10. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

I am sure this car can run this fast its possible Colani did a ferrario and a vet and the ferrari has a top speed of 436 km/h around 272 mph

11. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

theres no way that car is street legal<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

the spirit of '76 cant even be compared to this car man do some research.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Morons.

Fastest Car in the World is Thrust SSC at 763.1 mph. The car went supersonic. Its British. The record was set at the black rock desert in Nevada. It has 4 wheels and a steering wheel, though the back 2 wheels are almost in line. Its got two jet engines, not rockets. It generated about 100,000 bhp at 760mph (jet engine power varies with speed)

The Spirit of america only did 600.6 mph.

The Budweiser Rocket did about 730 mph on one wheel (the two back ones were off the ground at the time)

All this shows is how stupid it is to talk about top speed.
    <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

OK?? lets compare a jet engined car with this! YEA THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE!

15. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

All right, listen up. Duh, the Sledgehammer isn't the fastest "car" in the world, it's the fastest STREET-LEGAL car, meaning a car you can legally drive on the roads. The fastest car ever (related to a car, meaning earth-bound) is the Thrust SCC.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

the spirit of 76 is the fastest piston powered vehicle. the fastest stock bodied car is a trans am that went 314 mph. the fastest production car ever is the sledgehammer. the fastest regular production car ever is the mclaren f1 at 217 mph the reason that i say this is the mclaren that went 240 was ever so slightly modified. because the rev limiter was removed allowing it to exceed its normal top speed. oh just something that was in the magazine review of the sledgehammer, the acceleration from 190 to 230 will put you back in your seat. just thought id say that.

17. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaroboy</i>
    <b>the spirit of 76 is the fastest piston powered vehicle. the fastest stock bodied car is a trans am that went 314 mph. the fastest production car ever is the sledgehammer. the fastest regular production car ever is the mclaren f1 at 217 mph the reason that i say this is the mclaren that went 240 was ever so slightly modified. because the rev limiter was removed allowing it to exceed its normal top speed. oh just something that was in the magazine review of the sledgehammer, the acceleration from 190 to 230 will put you back in your seat. just thought id say that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, let me put up a list:
    Fastest production car: 1997 McLaren F1-240 mph
    Fastest Street-Legal car: 1988 Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer-254.76 mph
    Fastest Stock-Bodied car: 1989 Lingenfelter Firebird Twin-Turbo-298-314 mph
    Fastest Piston-Engined Car: "Spirit of '76"-420+ mph
    Fastest Wheel Driven Car: "The Turbinator"-461 mph
    Fastest Car of any type: "Thrust SCC"-766 mph, aka, Mach 1, the speed of sound.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Name any street legal car that can go 254 mph and best a 10.

19. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Chevy Rocks

NO production Mclaren F1 can do 240.1 mph because it comes with the factory rev-limiter , which was removed for the VW run of 240.1 mph the fastest one of the 100 customer production Mclaren F1 road cars had done is 217.7 mph.

20. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cerbie</i>
    <b>Morons.

Fastest Car in the World is Thrust SSC at 763.1 mph. The car went supersonic. Its British. The record was set at the black rock desert in Nevada. It has 4 wheels and a steering wheel, though the back 2 wheels are almost in line. Its got two jet engines, not rockets. It generated about 100,000 bhp at 760mph (jet engine power varies with speed)

The Spirit of america only did 600.6 mph.

The Budweiser Rocket did about 730 mph on one wheel (the two back ones were off the ground at the time)

All this shows is how stupid it is to talk about top speed.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah!The #$%#ing american cars are for the duspin!!!!!!!!The VEYRON's top speed is 413kph not 406kph.

21. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

have yous herad of the car called LE-1 Ground Fighter. i have it in a calender. i does 300 mph and 0-60 in 2.7. i tried every where to get info on this car but i cant find it.

So by definition of a road legel this wins thats if it exist. SOMEONE HELP ME, IM A STICKY SITUATION<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

There are no reliable performance figures for the LE-1. It's a concept car, purely for show. To my knowledge, no one has taken it above 100 mph, let alone 200.

23. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Can anyone post a link to see this Sprint car please<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Thanks but that didn't help. thats a picture of i under my name. someone please post a link to see this car. (the picture was cut from the calender so do think its weird with squarish wheels).<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

ACTUALLUY MATE, ON TOP GEAR THERE WAS A O-TO-MILE RACE WITH A TVR CERBARA, A CATERHAM, A PORSCHE 911, AN ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE, A LOTUS ESPRIT AND A VIPER.THE RESULTS WERE
    1.TVR
    3.LOTUS
    4.ASTON MARTIN
    5.CATERHAM
    6.VIPER

YES THE VIPER IS REALLY FAST, IT GOT BEAT BY AN OLD FUCKER CALLED THE CATERHAM,THATS FUCKIN PATHETIC.AND THAT TVR COST £40,000 OR ABOUT $80,000

TVR_MAN

you failed to mention that the UK Viper has a LOT less horsepower from the US Viper so post the times for the TVR and i'll post the 0-1 mile for a US stock Viper and i'll bet you 50 quid its faster.