Not The Same

Discussion in '2000 Buick Regal GNX Concept' started by RegalJake44, Aug 9, 2002.

1. If Buick wanted to bring back the GNX, they should have atleast made it a two door version. They achieved a great looking Regal GNX! If this car was ever released I would definitely buy one. It should be a two-door though, but hey, Buick doesn't make a two-door regal right now.

2. Re: Not The Same

just like every other american built gm car...crap

3. Re: Not The Same

your a moron. personal bias aside buick makes a good car these days. I'm no fan of gm products but buicks rank consistently at the top in reliability & satisfaction, yes even against foreign brands.

flaming for fun is one thing, but you obviously don't even know what your talking about.

4. Re: Not The Same

i mean he has a point don't even bother saying every gm or ford or what ever is crpa cuz all makes has at least one lemon and one badass
    so shut your mouth b4 u embarass yourself
    <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Not The Same

this is a nice car indeed...
    but I'd have shelved buick instead of Oldsmobile...
    beside the Intrigue OSV could have been the 4-4-2 of this decade, think about it... it had a V-8 like a real muscle car, not a V6. Not that they are bland, but the engine is a bit bland to the car's mission...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Not The Same

ivanhoe: "this is a nice car indeed...
    but I'd have shelved buick instead of Oldsmobile...
    beside the Intrigue OSV could have been the 4-4-2 of this decade, think about it... it had a V-8 like a real muscle car, not a V6. Not that they are bland, but the engine is a bit bland to the car's mission..."

If they could have put the Old GNX engine into the Intrigue OSV. It would be the Bumbarass end of it! The OSV-GNX combination would be a an Ahnialator! <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Not The Same

in fact
    both the Buick GNX and Olds Intrigue OSV debuted at the same time (Along with a turbocharged version of the Pontiac Grand Prix), a few months later, GM announced it was dropping the Oldsmobile nameplate, though ending with the possibilities of an Oldsmobiel Special Vehicles car, leaving the Pontiac and Buick alone as its new gen of muscle cars- with 4 doors.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Not The Same

I think it's great that GM is trying some revival tactics with some historically awesome nameplates. I just wish they would stop pussyfooting around and acutally build some. No half-assed jobs like this GNX attempt, though. What needs to be done, is start making some real cars. I talking about building some V8, two door, RWD, 5-Speed monsters. This Regal comes with a 3.8 supercharged 6 anyways, all they did was upgrade the pulley.

9. Re: Not The Same

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>I think it's great that GM is trying some revival tactics with some historically awesome nameplates. I just wish they would stop pussyfooting around and acutally build some. No half-assed jobs like this GNX attempt, though. What needs to be done, is start making some real cars. I talking about building some V8, two door, RWD, 5-Speed monsters. This Regal comes with a 3.8 supercharged 6 anyways, all they did was upgrade the pulley. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uhhm...
    well, GM is reinventing itself ...
    its attemping to win back some of the market share it lost in the last decades.
    And its attack is coming on two sides, one is making new, niche vehicles, like the Avalanche, the SSR the Bengal, while the other is bringing back those famous nameplates of the past, the next gen Regal is going to be RWD but I don't know if they will put a V8 on it...
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Not The Same

i love GM but they need to come out with a new inexpensive ass kicking car. not just concepts that never make it to production. hopefully with the ssr comming out this is the start of a new era in badass cars for GM.

11. Re: Not The Same

haha whoever called the GN "crap" obviously doesn't know what one is. 300+ ft-lbs at ~2000rpm stock is damn fun to drive. The car only goes in a straight line though. haha

12. Re: Not The Same

Not the same.. well I miss all the classic designs of mostly all cars.. All cars looks very much the same these days (not quite but just to get my point)..
    The car is still nicelooking but not like oldschool times =(

Pictures are just to tell what I miss..

13. Re: Not The Same

What happend to the turbocharged V-6

14. I would change

If they make the GNX it NEEDS the following:
    1. has to be all black
    2. needs a turbo not a supercharger
    3. needs 2 doors not four
    4. needs to be rear wheel drive
    5. has to spank every sh!tstang out there

15. Re: Not The Same

you mean like the solstice?

16. Re: Not The Same

Car 0-60 0-100 1/4 mile
    Buick GNX 4.7/4.8 11.7 13.7 107
    Subaru Impreza STi 4.9 13.5 13.7 101
    Nissan Skyline R33 GTR 5.0 13.0 13.7 102

Now Let them make a new GNX that will do a quicker 0-60 and quicker 1/4 so That japanese cars can look like even more crap