nothing but a piece of crap

Discussion in '1995 HSV VS GTS-R' started by FORDFORD, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Re: nothing but a piece of crap

Like I have told you 5000 times now, you cannot make conclusions from testing 2 cars. You could find a HSV GTS and a GT and find a GTS with 3kw more, it just depends on which 'pick of the bunch' you happen to get. Don't talk about Holdens with crappy drivetrains when Ford have transmissions that cannot tollerate over 180km/h, a gearbox in the 'tunable' XR6T that, from the factory, is at its design limit for maximum torque - so much for a tunable car.

What the hell would you know about the quality of materials used? Please explain. Who cares if the GT-P is more powerful than a Clubsport R8, it is of no use when it cant translate it into better performance times. A bus is more powerful than the 2, but you don't take the bus do you? Who says the GT has a better gearbox? Most reviews have said that they are about as good as each other. Not that there is any weaknesses in the R8's brakes. If you need more, spend a few grand and option the GTS brakes. Which are the best. After doing that, the GT-P would have nothing on the R8.

2. Re: nothing but a piece of crap

Well your not going to be able to find a better way to compare two cars power at one time then by dynoing them at the same place at around the same and time tempreture and if one car under performs tough shit its that car fault it didn't cut it the Caprice was supposed to make 180 or so rwkw it made a weak 140rwk their was that much variation between the commodores and the Monaro's it did show how crap the drive train gear is.

What the hell the Ford Fairmont went to its speed limiterd 200km/h speed limit in the PCOTY and the XR6T went to a perfectly acceptable 240km/h. Last time i checked their was a XR6T throwing 500+ rwhp on stock tranny it was just set up that the torque would come higher up in the drive train and the gear box is differnt in the XR6T and XR8/GT and the GT gear box is said to be better.

Read the back of the wheels magazine in the buying guide they say the Falcon is a well finished and good car the Commodore on the other hand lacks the Falcons polish.

You will notice the extra kw in the GT over the Clubsport you dont floor the pedal everytime you drive it but you feel the immense torque differnce between the two cars. Even Motor said that the GT's more power makes it a better buy. And i would expect the GTS brakes to be pretty expensive when the Brembos are a no cost option on the GT-P...

3. Re: nothing but a piece of crap

Yes you can find a better way, get multipule cars and test them all at the same time. The variation between the SV8 SS and Monaro was small, and understandable as not every engine is the same. The Caprice had an automatic so that would obviously give even more variance. Do notice that despite its lesser power, it still gave the times you would expect of a car with that power and weight.

180km/h or 200km/h it is still a pissy top speed at any rate. I could get my 12 year old V6 to do 200km/h.

Do you mean that the XR6T with 500+rwhp was set up to peak its torque higher in the rev range? (drive train???) At any rate, if it exceeds its design limitations at any time, there is every chance it will fail somewhere. Just because its working fine now doesnt mean it will be in 5 years time.

Whether or not you can notice the extra 30kw is irrelevant, it is irrelevant that it is even there in the first place given the extra weight the GT has to carry around. Ever heard of power to weight ratio?

How exactly does having more power make the car a better buy? That would be an acceptable comment if the cars were the same weight, but they are not.

I believe the GTS brakes are about a $5000 option. Which means $4000 more than GT-P. Keeping in mind the R8 has leather interior and Climate Control standard, which cost over $2000 each for the GT-P, that would make the R8 a better buy.

4. Re: nothing but a piece of crap

Does it matter if the Gt has 3 more kw. I don't see too many ford's braking the 13 second barrier. The first Holden was the VT. The Gt has only ran a 13.98 ONCE!!! The Vy SS can do 13.97 adn that has 245kw. Yep a 245kw belts a 290kw. How does that make you feel.

The CLubby is a much better performance car. The interior is also better and it has more equipment than the Gt. As far as im concerned the Gt is a bit of a let down but when you consider how bad the AU was it doesn't make the Gt look that bad.

5. Re: nothing but a piece of crap

The manual Clubbie has 285kw for $60200 and that's using a different measuring conditions to the falcon GT which has 290kw but if the clubsport uses the same condition (DIN) then it has 292kw. the clubsport is only $400 more and is FASTER.

6. God created crap, Holden made it move.

7. Dude that passwordPlease guy is a complete FAG!!!!! He has nothing good 2 say and I suggest find out where this pussy lives and smack him round the head with a Holden exsaust. Ur a FAG!!!

8. Dude that passwordPlease guy is a complete FAG!!!!! He has nothing good 2 say and I suggest find out where this pussy lives and smack him round the head with a Holden exsaust. Ur a FAG!!!

9. Dude that passwordPlease guy is a complete FAG!!!!! He has nothing good 2 say and I suggest find out where this pussy lives and smack him round the head with a Holden exsaust. Ur a FAG!!!