oh dear....another bad design

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Firebird Raptor Concept' started by supraman69, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: oh dear....another bad design

diablo is a retart an proly has never drivin a lamb
    firebirds handle great prolly not too much of a differnce between it an a diablo..well not a 250,000 dollar difernce<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: oh dear....another bad design

your a dumbass. i own 5 trans-ams two of wich are new models. and one is the 35th final edition. if you want handling its called the ws6 package. and quit comparing 30,000 dollar street racers to 250,000 italian exotics. its like comparing a funny car to a trycycle, these cars are meant to compete(dominate) mustangs, some porsches, and other 20 to 35,000 dollar cars, not #$%#ing lemans racers. if you want bad design and shitty handling look in the frd and dodge section. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: oh dear....another bad design

I'm new on this whole Euro vs. American cars. And I won't write anything that I'm 100% that is true, but it seems strange that everyone has to compare 2 cars or 2 type of cars in this case to each other. The Euro cars are made for countering and looks ok. American cars are made for the head-pin-to-the-back of the seat drag strip racing and with a very sexy exterior. Its all what you want. So if you don't like the Trans Am's body style then stick with your Euro car and leave your comments about my car to yourself.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: oh dear....another bad design

#$%# u ass hole drag racing is the #$%#in coolest #$%#in thing u can do beside sex *****

5. Re: oh dear....another bad design

give me a good ol' ss or a trans-am, if thats all you could afford. i wouldn't mind having a diablo, but i dont want to pay 250 grand

6. Re: oh dear....another bad design

Who says that American cars can only drive straight. On car and driver they tested a porsche and a corvette and they both hade the same handeling.

7. Well its got good power output but the problem is that as with most of these American "muscle cars" it was designed in the eighties, probably by a "Miami Vice" fan and the looks just don't live upto the power. It probably doesn't go round corners either!!!

If these cars had some imagination thrown at them in the design, they would really sell and if as much attention was shown to the suspension setup and body roll as was obviously shown toward the engine then this would be a good US alternative to some more exotic italian thoroughbreds.

"Nice legs, shame about the face"

8. Re: oh dear....another bad design

let me put t this way diablo, i love the design and it is a pony car, meant to go fast in a straight line and handle in a balanced fashion. And it does, if you would drive one of these beasts, like a ws6 or ss Camaro then you would understand what i am talking about. No as to you second point about how id does not compete with italian thourough breds, you need to look at the Z06, still thousands less than those italian supercars, performs with them and competes. Acceleration and handling are all comparable and in some cases the z06 wins out even though it costs sooo much less. So in short F-body = pony car and Corvette = competition for italians and everything else.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: oh dear....another bad design

ok, you have a point in that it is great in a straight line.....thats where the european supercar market differs from the US market....we put as much emphasis on handling as we do on power...we have less space so we have more corners!
    Yes, I agree, there are a number of US muscle cars that race and are competitive but they, as with any other race prepared car, have been through a series of modifications for the track. They handle far better but put that track car back on the road and you'd be visiting the doctors with back trouble after a few hours.

For me, the perfect supercar has to possess three important qualities

1. Its gotta have plenty of power
    2. Its gotta handle with plenty of feedback from the steering and suspension
    and 3. Its gotta look outlandish, unusual and fast when its parked!

for me, this car only lives upto one of the above...the power.

Sorry mate!

10. Re: oh dear....another bad design

I see where you are coming from but being a man who has driven this car (well a normal WS6), and one who loves the looks of it, i have to think that for my money this vehicle accomplishes all of the criteria that you set forth for a good car. The F bodyshandle very well for being what they are. They are not porsches of lambos obviously, but they are well balanced, predictable through hard corners and have a wide and agressive stance.

For European class performance and all three of the criteria that you mentioned you should have to look no further than the Z06 corvette, or hell even the stock corvette is an incredible vehicle in all aspects from its .91 g on the skidpad to is 4.5 sec 0-60. just my .02 cents<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: oh dear....another bad design

I've driven this car too and it handles great (well not this car but a trans am with the air ram) and I don't see that as an issue. Is it everyday you have to make some amazing turn driving to school or work? Not really<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: oh dear....another bad design

I have a '94 firebird formula and it handels just as well as it E.T.'s. your out of luck if you talk sh*t about this car or any other firebird. <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: oh dear....another bad design

this is a nice car

by the way

sweet signature

14. Re: oh dear....another bad design

WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT GOING FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE! OK, and GO! WEEEEE! ok stop. and GO! WEEEEE! ok stop. BORING. BORING. BORING. Drag racing is for people who don't have the talent to drive a car on a course, and anyone who says otherwise has never driven on one. This car couldn't cut it on a course.

15. Re: oh dear....another bad design

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LS501</i>
    <b>WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT GOING FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE! OK, and GO! WEEEEE! ok stop. and GO! WEEEEE! ok stop. BORING. BORING. BORING. Drag racing is for people who don't have the talent to drive a car on a course, and anyone who says otherwise has never driven on one. This car couldn't cut it on a course.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    yeah and i'm sure you do have the talent. it takes years of practice to even race in drags racing(professional), let alone scca or whatever your talking about.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: oh dear....another bad design

Trey, you forgot the Corvette Z06 and the Panoz Esperante, they both pull 1.00g on the Skid pad, and they are both American Production cars.

17. Re: oh dear....another bad design

This is by far one of the worst designs i've ever seen..
    yes it has buckets of power witch is important...but wheres the CLASS? I would rather pay a little more...or give up a little power for a car i would actualy want to drive. and what comapny cant make a massive engine? huh? anyone could build a huge engine and throw it in a car. if it had a powerful engine with allot of hp/Liter..and a nice design with good handeling then it would be a car i would respect...of cource then we would just have an M3.

Ciao

18. Re: oh dear....another bad design

Big Will Man-

Couldn't agree with you more. Yesterday, I lined up next to a ZO6 in my 97 six cylinder camaro (crank, cam, pully system, exhaust and intake about 250 HP) Being an enthusiast, I antagonized him with my exhaust. The light turned green and the ZO6 jumped about three car lengths in front of me. . . .ran him for a while, but a curve was coming up in the road. My camaro was telling me to slow down, but buy the looks of the ZO6, his car was telling him to speed up! Love the ZO6 and hope to own one soon.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: oh dear....another bad design

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blackdiablo</i>
    <b>Well its got good power output but the problem is that as with most of these American "muscle cars" it was designed in the eighties, probably by a "Miami Vice" fan and the looks just don't live upto the power. It probably doesn't go round corners either!!!

If these cars had some imagination thrown at them in the design, they would really sell and if as much attention was shown to the suspension setup and body roll as was obviously shown toward the engine then this would be a good US alternative to some more exotic italian thoroughbreds.

"Nice legs, shame about the face"</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How ignorant are you? Tell me you were just kidding about comparing this to euro supercars. Well genius, i would hope that a car that costs 250 grand is better than ones that cost 24-30 grand. Camaros and Firebirds cost about 10 times less than the cars you are comparing them too. They are muscle cars, they're supposed to be cheap, and go fast in a straight line. Their made for street drags, not the track. If the handling bothers you that bad, aftermarket parts can fix that.

20. Re: oh dear....another bad design

.89g's is very respectable for a $21k z28 with low 13 sec 1/4 miles
    1.00 g's is better than any prodction car available in the US<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: oh dear....another bad design

some of you are so stupid its not funny, whats the point of spending 250 grand on a car that runs high 11's low 12s in the 1/4 when i bought my car from 18 grand, put 20 grand into it, and will hit mid 10s in the 1/4 this spring, and will hand you your ass on ANY course, curvy or straight! <!-- Signature -->

22. Re: oh dear....another bad design

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DropTop383</i>
    <b>some of you are so stupid its not funny, whats the point of spending 250 grand on a car that runs high 11's low 12s in the 1/4 when i bought my car from 18 grand, put 20 grand into it, and will hit mid 10s in the 1/4 this spring, and will hand you your ass on ANY course, curvy or straight! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with you. Bang for the Buck. Thats what the F-Bodies are all about. Although we must remember that speed isn't everything to some people. Calling them stupid is just uncalled for. Some guys need to have a really expensive car, how else are they gonna get laid without a ferrari?

23. Re: oh dear....another bad design

i have an ss and it does constant 10's in the quarter and it handles like a vette. so who created this post is dumb and on crack cause he don't know what he's talkin about.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: oh dear....another bad design

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blackdiablo</i>
    <b>Well its got good power output but the problem is that as with most of these American "muscle cars" it was designed in the eighties, probably by a "Miami Vice" fan and the looks just don't live upto the power. It probably doesn't go round corners either!!!

"Nice legs, shame about the face"</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Cmon dude. That's almost like the pot calling the kettle black. I won't argue with you that the Diablo is a big step above anything from pontiac, but compared to other European cars the Lamborghini is in the same boat. Put a Diablo on a track with a Porsche and it will have its ass handed to it. In a straight line it MIGHT win, but who cares about straight line acceleration right???<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: oh dear....another bad design

i care about straight line acceleration without acceleration how are you gonna win a race?<!-- Signature -->