Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. In styling what would you rate this???? I'd rate it a 9.6<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Accually I'd rate it a 9.7. It needs a spoiler though.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Hmm...probably a solid 8.0
    Why? Well, It looks good and all, but it is nothing earth shattering. It doesn't have jaw slackening looks, and the re-use of that engine is just getting old. For something like this, I really think they should have come out with a different engine, I mean this is a GOOD rebirth, why not make it haul serious ass as well with a different/better engine?
    GM is basically, from what I've read here, touting this as a whole re-thinking piece of machinery...thus they could have made a brand new, SOHC, or DOHC V8. I know a 6 banger wouldn't impress many considering the GTO heritige, but a new style 4.0+L, 6 cylider with a supercharger would also make it stand out in my opinion.
    Chevy has shown us that Pushrods can be damned good engines, now all I wonder is what the hell could they do with SOHC, or DOHC?
    §cotty

4. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Puro_malvagio</i>
    <b>Hmm...probably a solid 8.0
    Why? Well, It looks good and all, but it is nothing earth shattering. It doesn't have jaw slackening looks, and the re-use of that engine is just getting old. For something like this, I really think they should have come out with a different engine, I mean this is a GOOD rebirth, why not make it haul serious ass as well with a different/better engine?
    GM is basically, from what I've read here, touting this as a whole re-thinking piece of machinery...thus they could have made a brand new, SOHC, or DOHC V8. I know a 6 banger wouldn't impress many considering the GTO heritige, but a new style 4.0+L, 6 cylider with a supercharger would also make it stand out in my opinion.
    Chevy has shown us that Pushrods can be damned good engines, now all I wonder is what the hell could they do with SOHC, or DOHC?
    §cotty</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Good point, or you could modifiy this engine to get 425hp. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

9.1, but I'd love to own it. My rating is generally because it doesn't look quite as tough as I'd hoped.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Needs a new front air dam, otherwise good, 8.3<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

the design itself is a good one. i would give it a 7.5

but as far as it being a design for the new GTO, i'd give it a 3.2<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

id give it an 8.5, its about time pontiac had some sort of real sports car in their lineup, none of this sunfire GT gobshite

9. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

they did have a sports car in their line up. until they axed it because they let it go to long without a fresh model<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sueciaturbo93</i>
    <b>id give it an 8.5, its about time pontiac had some sort of real sports car in their lineup, none of this sunfire GT gobshite</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah the new gto is great imo.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

2. Hate this, hate the Holden Monaro, Holden based the Monaro on the Commodore, big mistake. The old Monaros were awesome but the new ones are...shit...Pontiac needs to make their own.

12. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Its A Hard Pick For Me... 9.8 ounds Good Enough. I Had Hoped That She Would Be Packing The 405HP LS6 From The Vette, But Im Happy With 340-385HP. She'll Be A Contender, Now If Only We Could Get Chevy To Build The Chevelle, And Buick Build The GS Stage 1, We'd Be Back In Business!

13. #13 MonaroKing, Jan 2, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

The new GTO is an import from Australia. The car is called a Holden Monaro and is based on another car that Holden exports, the Chevrolet Lumina (This is exported to the Middle East http://www.gmme.com ).
    The car has received rave reviews and after a year of realease is still one of the most popular models on the Australian market. To see more information on the Monaro or to get a better idea of the nature of the new GTO visit http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=12001

I own one of these so my rating. 11!!

14. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

This is based on the Holden Commodore which is sold in the middle east as the chevy lumina but both are made in Australia. I give it a 9 but would be higher if they kept the monaro front and put the HSV GTS engine in it

15. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Holden based thier old monaro off a Kingswood which was the equivalent of a commodore back then as it sold against the Falcon and it was Holden large sedan and ute.

Nothing has changed. Old Monaros were 2 door Kingswoods, new Monaros are 2 door Commodores.

16. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

exactly, i just wrote a whole lot about this in another GTO topic.

17. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

7.5 --- not even close to a late 60's GTO

18. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

slow, slow, ssllloooooww
    i'd give it a 4 for style and a 2 for power.

19. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

a 6 overall

20. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

2 for styling, and 5 for the engine, a V8 with 340Hp? :S..
    Overall : 4

and there's some guys rating it 9... iF this car is rated 9 what would you rate the M3??? 15??? or the SL55? 25??? come on you people!!

21. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'd give the styling a 7 based on pics provided. Too bad the front end has to look like the Grand Am and Grand Prix. The grill "kidneys" should stay with the GA and GP even if Pontiac is trying to develop a marketing line topped by the "GTO".

22. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i give it a 7

23. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

does anyone know what the base price is on this? cause if it's low then yes I would rate this highly...cant believe i would b/c i told myself i'd cut off my foot before i owned a gm again...but hey I know a kickass car whn i see one.

24. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

We still don't know the Hp. for this car! Bob lutz recently gave a speech that said it would have a 360+Hp. LS1 and an optional 405+Hp. LS6! At the show he didn't confirm the Hp., but he didn't deny what he said in his speech!

25. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I would give this car a 2.5 on looks but a 8.0 on power.