Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

would give it a 9.5

2. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i like the thing, nice engine, 7œ/10, but i prefer the monaro kit better 8/10 and the CSV mondo better again 9œ/10 (especially with 305kW)

and if you americans want something that could come your way if your patient is the HRT 427 - around 420kW (530 horses) - someone over there will offer something like it for sure....

got some replies for a whole heaps of others too

1) its not a HSV and HSV had nothing to do with it, not even the engine... the HSVs' outputs are gained from other areas in the engine... and for all you americans you may be getting a HSV to play with your engines as well - they push our holdens up to 300+kW (and make handling heaps better), so i'm sure you lot will love 'em

2) it is an import (for you americans anyway), but so are heaps of other cars and considering most of the bits are built in the US (the LS1 for eg) it shouldn't be too hard to handle

3) quality will be better than most american cars, at least compared to the ones we've been shipped for the last 50 years... including all manner of GMs, fords (taurus for christs sake, what a piece of crap... and it was the US's best selling car?!?!?!), chryslers, jeep (now they are the worst by far), and others that i can't think of... they all fall apart on our roads (yeah our roads are crap, but our cars are made to stand up to them)

4) the falcon XR6T is a turbo whinning *****, which is slower than the 235kW commodores let alone a lighter and more powerful monaro/GTO, oh and ford still haven't worked out how to make a decent drive shaft, which is why the BA falcons are limited to about 230km/h (while the SV8 makes at least 268km/h!!! for AU$40000)

last thing, i reckon most of you will have to wait until you drive it or see it in the flesh to really appreciate it... the monaro still pulls more looks than a porshe over here, and thats saying something seeing as it costs half the price and is now 3 years old!!!

3. Re:

This Thing is going to be such a mustang killer, and remember boys, the on ly way to go is to get a GM

4. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Not more than 3.5 in general and for the GTO maybe 2.5-3.0

5. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

the xr6 Turbo, while being slower than the new SS over a 400 meter time, has much better corner handling and overall performance...u ever read magazines like MOTOR dingo??? they even said that

6. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Who cares
    its not a real Ford

its a ric3r kebabanese special

Ford means V8

hang your head in shame u sell out

7. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Who said ford had to be about V8's we have V8's and at least we make out own V8's and when we make an engine we all ways know its gonna be better.

8. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

9. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

oh ok change Fords culture when it suits u

who makes Holdens V8?
    Toyoyta?

Gm powertrain make the LS1
    the same GM that holden is a part of

Why dont u Ford fans fight the ric3r culture taking over
    instead of bagging Holden all the time

10. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Ford V8's BOSS engines = Aussie designed and made

Holdens GEN 3 engine = hails from the good ol USA

Whats so rise about turbos its not a jap thing, just becuse the aussie 6 with a turbo is more powerful then ur ss no need to get all angry.

11. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Foed Australia Assmebles the Boss engines from the US parts bin
    the other V8 is made in Canada

Same old crap from Ford fans

Both companies are the australian arm of American Multinationals

The turbo 6 is not more powerful than the Gen 3

The SS is quicker after all

12. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

ide rate it a 9.6... it kind of looks like an HSV Coupe.

13. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'd give it a 10 mate, cos its a holden, designed right here in good old aus.

14. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

the only Amarican thing on the BOSS is the north star block they stopped making the windsor a year ago.

XR6-T has 240 klw of power the SS has 235klw

15. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I'd give it a 9.8 because its something brand new for GM and I like the way its based off of the Grand Am chasis.

16. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

solid 9
    Of course I know that strong powerful v-8 has long roots in American tradition,but I would like also to see a supercharged v-6
    Maybe 3.5 T ?

17. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Rating: 3.5. You americans have got to realise, that your country has lost the plot with building good fast cars, the fact you have got to steal an australian design pontiac GTO just shows your cars suck, your mustang is shit, your corvette is shit, you should take a look at Australian V8's because ours shit on yours, and you #$%#ed the monaro completely, you can't build or design cars wankers, as for Jap cars I would rather drive one of those than a american car, at least they understand build quality and enginerring, and your president sucks as well, FUCKING COWBOY!

18. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

The corvette shit?

man what r u on?
    better than the kermit green Falcon GT witht he ric3r bodykit that as on display

19. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

Looks good, I give it a 7, only because it looks a litte too tall and the front end looks like someone slapped it stupid... other than that, this is a an impressive rebirth of the GTO.

20. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

5-6 and thats being gracious

21. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I give it a 10!

22. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

amen! exactly my thoughts.

23. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I give it a 9.8, It could use some improvements on it.

24. #74 350z, Jan 20, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

i give this thing a 5.5/10.

you GM boys are too easily impressed with shit-for-quality remakes of the same damn car. they take the same 'ol 5.7 liter pushrod v8, slap on a new piece of crap looking fiberglass cover and call this an ALL NEW car...and worst of all, you dildos settle for this!!! what is your problem that you can't see what GM is doing to you all? they're feeding you the same vanilla ice cream you've been eating for years...they're just calling it double chocolate now and every one of you thinks it's some BRAND NEW car!!!

as for you, FRANKnBEANS...or whatever you are, you diaper dandy...where do you get off saying GM's muscle cars of late have had better quality than Mustangs? obviously you read NO reviews of cars before you talk. i've never seen ONE review by anyone who said the quality of a camaro/firebird was better than a mustang. it's always been quite the opposite. but, don't take my word for it....why do you think GM isn't making them anymore? they didn't sell...why? because reviews got out and the word spread and people with brains figured out that the Mustang was the overall better car between the three. thus, R.I.P camaros/firebirds. and now they want to try again with this cadillac catera wannabe. it has two small tailpipes side-by-side on one side of the car...did honda make this? it certainly isn't a muscle car by looks. and it's hard to gauge the quality of a car that YOU nor ANYONE ELSE HAS DRIVEN OR OWNED! MORON.

and you think Ford has departed from their heritage of V8s....well, what do you have to say about GM and the Impala...the Malibu...the Monte Carlo...etc. you may see the camaro return to the same fate...a 4 banger or v6 family car. yeah...GM has really held true to the heritage of it's muscle cars. at least Ford figured out it could not only dominate the muscle car front, but could even do so with the 4 banger small cars too....something that the build quality of cars like the Malibu has proven Gm can't do. GM has sold you out and then they try to revive this heritage with this SO-CALLED GTO?

this car is quite possibly the biggest disappointment from GM in the last 4 years. to think that you guys would settle for this is just sad and disgraceful. you should demand more from GM. this lack of originality and innovation hurts the image of all american cars. they're not just disgracing themselves, but everyone else as well in the process.

this car is not worthy of the name GTO...Catera, maybe....GTO never. 5.5...and that's a liberal rating based only on it's power. by-the-way...the OFFICIAL power rating for this car is 340bhp. that's been known for sometime...try checking out www.pontiac.com when you want info like that. 5.5/10. disgraceful. nuff said.

25. Re: Out of a 1-10 scale what would you rate this??

I would rate this........ What am I talking about I wouldn't rate this, this design for this car is totally disrespecting the original car! The original styling suited the car all the way this is just pathetic.
    Aussie car mag. "Wheels" agrees: "With help from the ugly stick our Monaro will mutate to a Pontiac for the US market"
    If I had to rate THIS car I would have to go below and say 0! But the original is definately a 10/10 job.