Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat you.

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible' started by May Spin, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Speedster</i>
    <b>You dont stand a chance even with a way bigger engine. Corvette, ha, overrated but not bad.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Bigger engine? I think not. More hp maybe.

Corvette, overrated? Actually it's motor is underrated by 20-30hp.

Even so I understand what you're trying to say.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

2002 Zo6
    now what<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

ha ha ha.... man hell would have to freeze over for a stock ford mustang to beat a stock corvette.

4. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

Beware the idiots who buy the 2003 Cobra...they pay thousands of dollars extra for a supercharger and an iron block because the idiots at Ford kept blowing engines up...and the Vette would pass up the Cobra like it was a dog chained to a tree<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

Beware the idiots who buy the 2003 Cobra...they pay thousands of dollars extra for a supercharger and an iron block because the idiots at Ford kept blowing engines up...and the Vette would pass up the Cobra like it was a dog chained to a tree

WELL SAID
    no ford is gonna touch this baby :p

6. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

It really is funny. You speak without any facts to back you up. The cobra costs less and has more horsepower. and a zo6? thats apples to oranges bro. the cobra and the vette and around the same price range. if anything compare zo6 to the gt40 and see who comes out ahead. and if its like you say ill bet its snowing in hell today.

7. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

Well The corvette is supposed to be a premium sports car NOT a muscle car. WIth the Cobra you get more hp but in a less aerodynamic body so your gas mileage is worsr than the corvette. Also the top speed is higher in the corvette and the technology is higher. ANother thing is when people see a corvette they think WOW thats a nice car that must have cost alot when people see mustang they think WOW a mustang just cause it is one. Also once you stick a Supercharger on a Corvette um gee now where did that cobra go?<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

dude...have you ever BEEN in one of these things??????

Stats are one thing but being in the car driving down the highway or doing a zero to sixty run (the stats should have this) and it was LESS than 4 seconds. if you haven't been in both of them and compared don't try to compare by just the stats, else you'd be able to say a friggin' slow ass ford would beat a ferrari. WHY? because the stats cannot be used as genuine etc. the only way to say one way or another is if you have first hand knowledge and experience.

9. Re: Owners of the Corvette: Beware the 2003 Cobra, it WILL eat y

A Cobra touching a vette? nahh i really dont think so. I mean come on, they need a damn supercharger to catch up with chevys base vette. I mean on the drag the 03 Cobra and a Corvette Coupe are gonna be pretty close. But ya know that vettes gonna beat the cobra upside its head in every other catagory possible like style, comfort, quality, handeling, track performance. Since fords so tough why dont they try going after the ZO6? OH and that GT40 talk isn't even worth the time. Thats the dumbest looking car ive ever seen. Wait till the c6's and the 550-600hp turbo options.