Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

Discussion in '1999 Pagani Zonda C12' started by modena-man, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kenmclaren</i>
    <b>Why is the Zonda an expensive car?

Nope, not beacause of its small production units.
    Has anyone here ever seen, drive or even own one of these things. Well I do.

The Zonda's bodywork does consists of the light weight carbon fiber, like that of the Ferrari F50, and the all new Aston Martin Vanquish, but theres more, the chassis is something else, I'm suprised, the materials used in this car's chassis is made out of materials some I can't even pronounce, most of the components are none of that of a Lamborghini Diablo, none of that of the Aston's, and nothing like a Ferrari. I asked a couple of consultants from Pagani, they said most of the parts are made out of race derived materials, most are made out of that of an F1 car, and LeMans prototypes.

When I got the C12, I wasn't so impressed with the engine, now I know why its that expensive, alot more than a Lamborghini. Its not as fast either, its limits are more like that of a Corvette ZO6.
    Anyway, its still a great car, to drive, at least I don't have to worry about parallel parking, like in the Lamborghini Diablo, where I had to open my door, and park the darn thing, cause of its lenght, the Zonda is way less shorter, so its a good baby.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sure you have one ;)
    So do I, but it's the C12S, so mine's faster.

But anyway, you pay more for this car because of the materials, design and research, and exclusive production numbers. This machine is a work of art. A well trained monkey can design a Dodge Viper, and now that I think about it the new Viper probably was created by a room full of monkeys, it's uglier than sin.

If you don't know why a beautiful machine costs more than just a fast car, then don't ask. You probably don't understand how to appreciate luxury. (this wasn't directed at you kenmclaren, I just stating a point)

Think about it. Fast cars are like artwork. On one hand you have the Viper or Corvette, they're like a Thomas Kinkade painting: easy, tacky, tasteless, etc. On the other hand you have the Zonda, Diablo, F1, F40, 550, 112i, or NSX, they're like a Picaso or Monet: inspirational, symbolic, beautiful, the result of TALENT.

If all you want is a fast car with good numbers, buy an old SS and put $15k into it. You'll blow the doors off the Viper and Zonda. But if you want something more, like style and sophisticated machinery, buy the Zonda.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

True. They didnt make this for driving.

Just like. They didnt make the mona lisa to be hung in pee wee's playhouse.

Same idea.
    Anything over $200,000 is not worth driving. Too risky.
    unless your a billionaire, then #$%# what i just said.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

The Zonda is the epitomy of the exotic car - luxery, exotic, rare, and fast. fast enough. it costs $280,000 USD (not 300k).

do you guys seriously have one?

there is no way that I would believe you for sure, but that would be so awesome if you did! could you describe it? I love that car more than you do. I created PaganiZonda.com because I love it so much.

I personally like the looks of the C12 MUCH better than the C12 S (the split spoiler and the arrow nose don't quite go too well w/ me),but I love both. Put a C12 S engine in a C12 and wow!!!

The most enthusiastic Pagani Zonda enthusiast,

Adam!

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

Dude, give me one!

5. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

I AGREE WITH YOU ITS A MASTERPIECE FOR ONE GUY TO MAKE.....BUT
    350,000 IS WAY OVER THE TOP FOR A NO NAME CAR.....THE ZONDA LOOKS
    COOL ...REALLY GOOD,,...BUT WHO WOULD BUY THIS OVER A BENTLEY,
    JAGUAR, LAMBORGHINI, FERRARI, PORSCHE....???

I CAN SEE PAGANI'S TRIED REALLY HARD,..GETTING A MERC ENGINE AND
    SHOUTING ABOUT HIS INVOLEMENT WITH THE BIG BOYS... HE KNOWS WITHOUT
    THEIR INVOLVEMENT , HE WOULDN'T HAVE MUCH CRED TO SELL IT .....WHICH
    HE WON'T !.....NICE TRY THOUGH....
    <!-- Signature -->

6. Every body says that the Zonda C12, without the "S", is not good for its 389hp, and $300,000 price tag. Well think about it, a comparison between the C12, and a Viper, which has got a 490hp, and the price tag, swooosh, $75,000. Well why? anybody?

7. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

If all you want is horsepower, then go for it. Get a muscle car or something. Horsepower is not the only thing you pay for in a car. When you have that much horsepower, the differance between 400 and 480 wont be noticed much.

8. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

Why is the Zonda an expensive car?

The Zonda's bodywork does consists of the light weight carbon fiber, like that of the Ferrari F50, and the all new Aston Martin Vanquish, but theres more, the chassis is something else, I'm suprised, the materials used in this car's chassis is made out of materials some I can't even pronounce, most of the components are none of that of a Lamborghini Diablo, none of that of the Aston's, and nothing like a Ferrari. I asked a couple of consultants from Pagani, they said most of the parts are made out of race derived materials, most are made out of that of an F1 car, and LeMans prototypes.

When I got the C12, I wasn't so impressed with the engine, now I know why its that expensive, alot more than a Lamborghini. Its not as fast either, its limits are more like that of a Corvette ZO6.
    Anyway, its still a great car, to drive, at least I don't have to worry about parallel parking, like in the Lamborghini Diablo, where I had to open my door, and park the darn thing, cause of its lenght, the Zonda is way less shorter, so its a good baby.

9. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

It made me completely disregard anything that you said, I usually just ignore yelling. Come back when you can whisper.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

sorry that was just a phase i went through..its over now..<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

t's all good<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kenmclaren</i>
    <b>Why is the Zonda an expensive car?

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah im sure u got a zonda. If u had one, u wouldnt be sittin here writin 2 paragraphs about it. U friggin liar. I hate people like u who lie about owning cars

13. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

BR>Yeah im sure u got a zonda. If u had one, u wouldnt be sittin here writin 2 paragraphs about it. U friggin liar. I hate people like u who lie about owning cars</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hahaha Damn straight
    how is not this car sweeter then a dodge
    this has a german engine
    least ya can rely on it
    aint sayin merican engines suck
    just the dodge's v10 cause ;)<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

The zonda is an expensive car because it's hand-built, and Horacio Pagani invested a lot of money into the project, so after all we gotta have profite. But I must admit that the price is too much for a mear 394 hp. But of course there is the S version so we don't relly care anymore.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Pagani Fans Folder: What do you think of it?

how do you have 0 posts if u made 2 posts in here?

16. hellz yes! I love the Zonda. If I ever get enough money, That's gonna be the first supercar I'll buy. The Zonda.

17. The most beautiful Pagani for me.

I think their specifications are incorrect.
    These ones mabe more accurate:

General
    -------
    Origin : Italy
    Price : $325,000 USD
    Weight : 1350 kg
    Layout : Mid Engine/RWD
    Transmission : 6-Speed Manual

Engine
    -------
    Type : Mercedes AMG V12
    Displacement : 7010 cc