peformance mod tips or suggestions

Discussion in '2002 Ford Focus SVT' started by svtfocus, Aug 9, 2002.

1. does anybody have any tips or suggetions for my svt focus i'm getting?

2. Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

don't bother getting one, think BMW!

3. Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

buy it from James Ford

4. Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

what bmw are you gonna get got 17,000 mr wizard?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

go with a supercharger, Vortech or jackson.<!-- Signature -->

6. #6 EliteWolverine, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

WELL if ur really thinking about upgrading the svt focus which it already does a nice job of doing dont touch the intake or exhaust or clutch...

but i suggest is wait till the turbo comes from the fr200 the heads come in the exhaust the suspension (even though it dont need it)...

k put it this way ford is making the parts for mass release, from the fr200...even the wing is being made from ford...so wait about 2 months and u got ur self a hole lot of pars made by ford from ford racing (turbo and all) and u will get a nice car in the end that u know is ford and backed by ford...

the site at which these parts will be availible alonger with other parts alreay availible is at

www.oemfordparts.com

even some of the rs parts should be showing up there, if they decided to make them for america...

so WAIT, WAIT, WAIT...and visit that sight, its the ford racing site made by ford for racing parts on any vehicle that is svt or ford racing....even mustangs zx2's ex ex ex....

7. Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

this may cost a whole lot of noney but my god when u put my idea on your car it will be like having a drag race car on your drive way. here it goes 1. get a diffrent color like red yellow or black. 2. get a suspension kit i would say the racing for handiling.3 2 nos kits every body who is a car fan whith their civics has one of hthese im not ganna say the rst to many cars.4 i would say get the arodynamics on there and downforce.5 spoiler a big fat one lik the fr 200. 6then racing seats. u need those for handiling.7 a computer chip more acceleration. 8 grip kit i dont know what they are called i ges this is right.9 get a dessil engine make have all the carborators and the other stuff.10 get a weight reduction kit.11 flywheel kit. and 12 get a turbo kitfor gog sakes.

8. Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

the only advice i can give u is to buy an import<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

The catalic converter saps alot of power,so the first thing i would
    do and did is bypass it,which is illegal but who gives a $hit,lol

10. #10 mclaren777, Aug 9, 2002
  11. #11 Ford Mustang Cobra, Aug 9, 2002
    Re: peformance mod tips or suggestions

There are alot of companies out there making parts for this car now.Aerocharger turbochargers are very popular they can bring the car to over 200 some WHP and 200 WTQ.Ohter companies include jackson, esslinger, AEM etc..... Check out www.Focaljet.com for all your focus needs. You got questions on the focus and the aftermarekt for it, we got the answers at focaljet.<!-- Signature -->