Photography thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by basman007, May 5, 2016.

1. look at that hair
    this could be a headshot for an insect actor

Veyronman likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

EDIT: Yes I know Barry B. Benson is a Bee. CLOSE ENOUGH

SEABEE likes this.
  3. Just found out by pure chance that my old D50 can flash sync up to 1/1250 of a second, 1 1/3 stops faster than Nikon say.

So that's pretty cool. I don't have high speed sync anything, but it turns out that with dumb flashes it works because the shutter doesn't actually get any faster above 1/500th of a second, it's just in camera processing, so if your flash fires quickly enough you still get an entire frame recorded and fully lit. Nice little quirk. It's the same shutter as the D70/s and I've read some people are managing to sync all the way up to 1/4000.

EDIT: above 1/1250 I still get a full frame, but I think the camera's sensor stops recording the image before the flash can fire, or something like that, so you still get ambient light if there is any

4. Snowed over night
    [​IMG]

5. and a tree.
    [​IMG]

WhiteChocolateWorld and Tony 75 like this.
  6. is that wild?

7. It was in a national park, so close enough.

8. Indonesia :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SEABEE and WhiteChocolateWorld like this.
  9. I recognize Bromo. What other volcano is that? Merapi?

10. Nope, i did Merapi too but this one is the Rinjani at Lombok. It was so difficult to go up but it was so amazing. I must to return in Indonesia.

11. Ah ok. Looks very cool! I have been on Bromo and Kawah Ijen.

12. Kawah Ijen, that was an amazing place, but when you are where there is the blue flames and the wind comes to you with the sulfure gas, thats... mmm I don't know how do you says that in english, but "ça pique sa mère".

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Haha. It stinks and makes you cry.

Cool pictures!

14. A single phot of a poster at this years Motorcycle show in Helsinki. This is the track being built to host MotoGP in 2018.

[​IMG]

Veyronman likes this.
  15. Not even close to your guy's gear or ability, but I took this on my S6 and edited the ever loving shit out of it on Snapseed and well I like it so here you go

[​IMG]

Veyronman and Tony 75 like this.
  16. Panzer is just aggressively Albertan and I love it.

Veyronman and IdoL like this.