please tell me the difference in looks

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by suprahaji, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Is there a noticeable difference between a stock coupe of this era and a ZO6? does it actually say ZO6 somewhere on the car?

2. Re: please tell me the difference in looks

Badging on FL fender I think, and it's got the rear brake vents. Still ugly...

3. Re: please tell me the difference in looks

actually..the difference is...see the back window???..on the coupe it extens back more..kinda more like a hatch back...on the z06 it cuts off sooner...and the front bumpers different..and besides for the other things you guys already mentioned...tis about it<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: please tell me the difference in looks

LOOK RIGHT UNDER THE DOORS. THAT AIR SCOOP. THE EMBLEMS. A HIGHER OUTPUT ENGINE. STIFFER SUSPENSION, AND MORE PERFORMANCE ORIENTED.

CHEVY FOREVER

5. Re: please tell me the difference in looks

This car is completely different than a standard coupe, this car is the closest thing to an actual street race car you can buy from the factory as a production vehicle period. The exhaust is all Titanium which is 13lbs lighter than the coupe (enough said) the suspension is stronger, engine intake is completely redone with a taller intake and ported for better flow. The brakes are much firmer and an added rear brake vent is present (not many cars need this feature as the do not have enough power as it is to even stress the factory equipment). The front to rear weight ratio is 51% front 49% rear (the best of any factory car). As mentioned by someone else the rear window is sloped tighter for less weight and the front windshield is actually thinner (but stronger) as well. The badging is only present on each front fender behind the wheels. Anyone that thinks this car is shit has never driven one or tried to out run it. It is considered by GM to be a street legal race car, just listen to the SCCA Corvette Race Car Drivers test comments that stated the Z06 was faster on the track in some ares than his race car actually was. If that is not impressive enough, then you need a NASCAR with a number on the side. Nothing under $75,000 can even come close to this car. Shit it can hang with the Vipers and Ferraris as it is for about 1/5 of the cost.

6. Re: please tell me the difference in looks

I think a more "racecar for the streests" production car is the Porsche GT2. And the Lotus Sport 350.
    Although I will always pertain that they stopped making attractive Vettes in 1967, I have to admit that this has amazing numbers, especially for the price. I have had so many bad experiences with ignorant-ass mullethead Chevy Camaro/Corvette owners that I don't think any stats could ever get me back on their side. And pretty much everything else that Chevy makes is a stinking pile of crap. I worked at an Audi/Porsche/VW dealership right next to a Pontic/GMC, etc. dealer, and the difference in build quality and engineering is years, if not decades apart.

7. Re: please tell me the difference in looks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Carrera26</i>
    <b>I think a more "racecar for the streests" production car is the Porsche GT2. And the Lotus Sport 350.
    Although I will always pertain that they stopped making attractive Vettes in 1967, I have to admit that this has amazing numbers, especially for the price. I have had so many bad experiences with ignorant-ass mullethead Chevy Camaro/Corvette owners that I don't think any stats could ever get me back on their side. And pretty much everything else that Chevy makes is a stinking pile of crap. I worked at an Audi/Porsche/VW dealership right next to a Pontic/GMC, etc. dealer, and the difference in build quality and engineering is years, if not decades apart. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey man, don't judge us by our ignorant mullethead owners. You have to admit that the Vette has really become a contender on the international scene when it comes to performance. This car along with the GT2 and Lotus you mentioned are all beautiful and breathtaking cars. We can all see that you are a German fan but I'm an all-American. You have no reason to rip on Chevy like you did. Everyone has their own opinion and rightfully so but... I'm sure that the germans have also had their own "stinking pile of crap" cars. Can you actually say that the old beetles are "attractive?"