porsche sucks!!!

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98 Straßenversion' started by Atman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. the corvette lingenfender can beat any STREET LEGAL porsche out there.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: porsche sucks!!!

The Dauer is steet leagal even in the US.

3. Re: porsche sucks!!!

yea but it gets very retricted...so performanse is not the same so it wont be as good as the original.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: porsche sucks!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Atman</i>
    <b>the corvette lingenfender can beat any STREET LEGAL porsche out there.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Your plastic covered "poor white trash" car most likly can get whooped on by a 914<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: porsche sucks!!!

let's just see about that, shall we?? ever heard of RUF or Gemballa, or any other of the MANY tuning companies that use porsche's? lot of them are 500+ hp, i don't think your pushrod vette can really compare<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: porsche sucks!!!

#1 any porsche can kick a corvette's ass
    #2 what do you drive by the way??<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: porsche sucks!!!

hey did anyone see the new Gemballa 750 GTR, its really fast

PROOD MEMBER OF THE PORSCHE FAMILY

8. Re: porsche sucks!!!

It'll beat it..what a profound statement!!!

It'll beat it with a what..stick? a bat?..or will it beat it in..a cooking contest? a bbq cookoff?

The latest riced up vette can do 0-60 in 1.97..big freaking deal. Whats its lap times? How fast can it take a 90 degree corner? How good are its brakes? How well does it handle around S curves?

Your vette is a white trash P-O-S; a Porsche GT1 would smoke it like a cheap cigar.

9. Re: porsche sucks!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Proteinbeast</i>
    <b>It'll beat it..what a profound statement!!!

It'll beat it with a what..stick? a bat?..or will it beat it in..a cooking contest? a bbq cookoff?

The latest riced up vette can do 0-60 in 1.97..big freaking deal. Whats its lap times? How fast can it take a 90 degree corner? How good are its brakes? How well does it handle around S curves?

Your vette is a white trash P-O-S; a Porsche GT1 would smoke it like a cheap cigar.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Good questions to ask.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: porsche sucks!!!

Some good points made all around. While this tuned-up Corvette is undoubtably a fine vehicle in its own right, 0-60 time does not make or break a car. Someone will always be able to build a faster car, but it takes a lot more to build a better car. Cornering, stability, and braking abilities are also very important factors, as well as the midrange acceleration, which probably plays a more important role in an actual race anyway.

Now, I'm not coming down on the 'Vette at all, mind you. As the quintessential American sports car, I think it's a great car. But, when all is said and done, I would have to go with the Porsche in any real racing situation, simply because the Porsche GT1 was built exclusively with GT-style racing in mind, while this 'Vette was built for quarter mile and zero-60 times. It all depends on the situation.

But, hey, that's just my opinion.

-Skippy

11. Re: porsche sucks!!!

Its about time someone else realizes racing exists past 60 mph.

12. Re: porsche sucks!!!

check the stats on the newest Corvette that Chevrolet is coming out with... stock 900+ hp, 0-60 in like 2 seconds... yea... if a car can even keep up with it off the line then good luck... but yea... i think this new 'Vette will whip some a*z... i havnt heard anything really on it, BUT my dad hauls cars for Chevrolet and other companies... and i looked inside a 'vette one day and it was one of the "for export only" cars.. and the speed-o read 250 mph... and i know the old(2001) corvettes topped out at 225 mph... on an oval track...

13. Re: porsche sucks!!!

oh yea... one more thing haha im all about crotch rockets... my 2001 Suzuki Katana 600 could almost keep up with this off the line.. i go 0-60 in 4 sec... stock... gimme a 929 or 954 or even bigger and it'd woop em in the long run..(they go over 175 mph... maybe even 180..) and motorcycle's dont have to worry about being loose... they stick like no other...

14. Re: porsche sucks!!!

BULLSHIT. The new vette will not have 900 horses and will not go that fast 0-60. BULLSHIT. The 2001 Vette could not go 225!!

15. Re: porsche sucks!!!

I just checked and the 2001 vette goes 175 mph, not 225. What were you thinking you moron.

16. Re: porsche sucks!!!

ur trying to compare a vette to a porsche...i pitty u...i really do. HOw can u compare fine tuning a porsche to slapping some turbos on vette?????

17. Re: porsche sucks!!!

900+ hp? Bullshit!!!!!!

18. Re: porsche sucks!!!

wow new corvettes are coming out with 900 hp? wheres your facts, this arguement is about the lingenfelter corvette.

19. Re: porsche sucks!!!

225??, right

20. Re: porsche sucks!!!

yet another delusional little boy. Do you honestly think Chevy will EVER have the vette running 900hp from the factory? NO. know why? Because it would destroy what the Vette is all about, bang for the buck speed that is realisticly affordable for most people. Your "900hp Vette" will never fot that criteria, sorry.

Oh, and the 2002 Z06 topped out at about 177mph. 225? This isn't a Mclaren y'know.

21. Re: porsche sucks!!!

Have you ever seen a Porsche? And compared it with a vette? Everyone can see that ANY Porsche is more goodlooking and better than any Corvette.

22. Re: porsche sucks!!!

You all should know that this is a racecar and is not street legal. The Lingenfelter is. But even that is not the point. The point is this car (Porsche 911 GT1) holds the all-time lap record at the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife. Now that I think is an accomplishment to be respected.

And if you don’t know what the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife is you don’t have the right to criticize cars like this because you have an inherent lack of knowledge.

23. Re: porsche sucks!!!

I agree with racepics. Even the Vette website lists it as less than 500, get your facts straight. Nice try though. Just put a link up for the site that says 900+ HP

24. Re: porsche sucks!!!

that comparison is unfair. The vette is modified and will always somke a stock Porsche. Don't get me wrong, Porsches are gorgeous cars, but I would take the Vette. Strictly my opinion.

25. Re: porsche sucks!!!

I totally agree with you on this one!! I red about the Lingenfelter in Motor Trend and, yes it is fast off the line and 1/4. WHHOOOPPPIIITTYY DO!!! To tell you the truth I also agree with every one who said HOW CAN YOU COMPARE THEM??!!!!. Porsche has more than 50 years [I think?] of racing experiece and you idiot , Atman have the nerve to say Porsche sucks . This will absoulutly destroy ANY VETTE whatever it be in the corners and turns. Braking is also a factor. With Porsche's new Ceramic brakes there now one of the best braking cars in the world to!!! How can you say any of this!Please im Not saying your Vette sucks , im just saying .Be reasonable, this is the greatest[in My opinon] car company ever. Your vette wont stand a damn chance.

P.S.Sit Down.