Post your mods! **NEW**

Discussion in 'Modified / Tuned Cars' started by PoWeReD By NoS, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Update for the Genesis, pair of BBK Varitune mufflers arrived today. Going to pair them with the 12" Vibrant resonators I have left over from the Coupe.

Attached Files:

2. #777 Veyronman, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    So, this looks good

http://tinyurl.com/nectmwa

3. #778 84FordMan, May 21, 2015
  4. #779 Veyronman, May 21, 2015
    SA codes
    Code Value
    205B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
    221B SIGN COOLANT/REFUELING - ENGLISH
    236B WITHOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE - STATION INDEX
    249 INSIDE AND OUTSIDE MIRROR AUTOMATIC DIMMING
    250B MOBILO LIFE/EUROPE SERVICE PACKAGE
    260 TYPE DESTINATION ON TRUNK LID - ELIMINATION
    270A LEATHER
    278A LEATHER ALPACA GRAY
    414 ELECTRIC TILT/SLIDE SUNROOF IN GLASS VERSION
    461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
    527 COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
    537L GREAT BRITAIN
    551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
    567U TITANITE RED - METALLIC
    5XXL EUROPE
    600 HEADLAMPS - CLEANING EQUIPMENT
    613 HEADLAMP LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
    668 PACKAGING FOR SHIPPING VEHICLES W/ TIE-DOWN HOOKS
    671 LIGHT-ALLOY-WHEEL 7-SPOKE-DESIGN
    673 HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERY
    731 WOOD TRIM BURRED WALNUT ROOT
    803 AEJ 02/1/2/X
    803 *1 220____ 19961211 AEJ 02/1/2/X
    803 *2 112.9__ 20020522 AEJ 02/1/X
    803 *3 722.6__ 20010316 YOM 12/1
    819 CD CHANGER
    875 HEATED SCREEN WASH SYSTEM
    882 INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
    984 COC DOC., DELETION OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION DOC.
    989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
    M112 V6-GASOLINE ENGINE M112
    M37 DISPLACEMENT 3.7 LITERS

5. #780 84FordMan, May 21, 2015
    Looks like a great deal at that price, it has the same nav my W211 has and European map updates are easily found through torrent (I had to scour through a half-dozen forums to find a dropbox link for my NA maps)

If you intend to keep it and do stuff to it, you can update the interior with that of the S600:

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/how-to-make-a-used-mercedes-s-class-more-luxurious-than-1626571145

Or if you want more performance, you can look into seeing if the supercharger setup from the C32 AMG, SLK32 AMG and Crossfire SRT-6 will swap over with ease (Still rated for about 100 KW more than stock).

6. Question for you gearheads. The Mazda has 76k miles on it. I just had my wheels rotated two weeks ago during a 15k mile service. After driving it home, I'm noticing what feels like a slight, slight, grinding, or resistance coming from the front left wheel. There is also a slight audible *wump wump wump* when driving which increases with speed. Is this the sign of a failing wheel bearing, or unbalanced wheel? I hope it's the ladder...

7. Well a ladder would explain the resistance.

Slight grinding could be the dust shield hitting the rotor, but I don't see it creating resistance.

As for the wheel bearing, jack up the front end and grab the tire at north to south and see if it has any in-and-out play.

The wump-wump noise makes me wonder if you have a tread separation/knot in the tire. Again, jack up the front end and feel the tire, it's usually obvious to the touch if not obvious to the eye.

8. Thanks I will have to take a look when it clears up outside.

9. Another, simpler but less effective, check for the wheel bearing is to see if the center of the wheel is hot after driving.

10. I am stopping by the auto shop tomorrow on my lunch, but I have a drive tonight and will check that out.

11. #786 84FordMan, May 26, 2015
  12. Got some new front shocks in today.

Attached Files:

13. #788 SEABEE, Jun 2, 2015
  14. #789 DIGGS, Jun 2, 2015
    Sounds good. But a little too raspy. Same issue I had with my cutouts.

15. #790 84FordMan, Jun 3, 2015
    Found a blown gasket on my test pipes after recording that first video.

Here are some interior clips after replacing the gaskets.

Windows down,up to 35 MPH: http://youtu.be/y5Ug1vKHl5s

Windows up, up to 60 MPH: http://youtu.be/NiOmrJ1LQJY

16. That's sounds good man. I still caught a bit ofbthe rasp that I just personally don't like near the beginning my of the 35mph video. But it does sounds good. I only noticed it when you revved it up higher. In normal driving range it sounds good.

Attached Files:

18. Not a whole lot has happened. Got the DEPO taillights/headlights for my birthbday. Got a whole lot of parts shipped to redo my rear end.

Attached Files:

19. How are the Depo lights, thinking about getting a set of facelift ones from Depo for the Mercedes and doing a projector retrofit.

20. #795 Chantastic, Jun 13, 2015
  21. Looks good! Did you darken the badge on the rear, or is that just the photo?

22. G is having some troubles... it randomly wouldn't start easily the other day. I had not having driven it for a week, then took it out for the weekend on the highway (it started just fine), then left it overnight and the next morning it started once just fine again but after did not. After 3 or 4 tries it goes, and when it does it's like everything was normal.

Lots of gas. New spark plugs not too long ago. Just installed a new battery and a new Walboro 255 fuel pump (the only off the shelf thing I could find). Tried cleaning the maf (not just the connector but inside the tube too), and sanded down the battery cables. Sometimes the car will start after maybe 2 seconds of trying, then it will work again the next few tries. Leave it for a while, then it appears to not want to work again.

Attached Files:

23. All of the above is strangely good and bad timing, as I just listed the car for sale and bought another RSX! I'm going to give this Honda thing another shot.

'06 Type S
    1 owner (68 years old)
    105XXX km's
    6 speed
    no accidents, clean carfax, never winter driven.

Just had an undercoat put on today (it didn't have one), and had the transmission fluid flushed.

Attached Files:

24. Jealous of the RSX find. That would be a nice daily driver. I actually took my truck into the shop Tuesday for a drive shaft upgrade. They needed it for a few days, so I picked up an ex-rcmp Pontiac Grand Prix car for cheap. Low kms too. Got the truck out of the shop and sold the car for a grand more that same day.

Ditched the stock drivesahft with the CV joint and replaced it with a double cardon unit. Also picture of the grand prix, fun little car to rip around in.

Attached Files:

25. That new one looks manly.