production?

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by fordracing, Aug 10, 2002.

1. does anybody know if theyre building a version of this? the front end looks pretty ugly but i think the revival of the rotary engine is a good idea

2. Re: production?

The supercar description said this is the final production version, so I think this is the production version, not a concept

3. Re: production?

I hear it will hit the US before the end of 2002.

4. Re: production?

I completely agree. Personally I like the new front. I don't care that it looks like a S2000, I mean for god sakes, the S2000 does look sharp. True the last gen RX-7 looked absolutely awesome, but the pop up head lights had to go....it's a worthy compromise I think.

5. Re: production?

I hope it will never go into production b/c I saw it in Japan last month... I just like the engine, the whole design is crap!

6. Re: production?

This is the production model and it will be in the uk mid next year! I know this because i work at the number 1 mazda dealership in the Uk and mazda have confirmed that it will come as you see it on the supercars page.

7. Re: production?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b>I hope it will never go into production b/c I saw it in Japan last month... I just like the engine, the whole design is crap!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well then its just you.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    and yeah it took like3 years of concept cars to develop the final look of the new RX-8 (RX-Evolv, RX-8 concept and then this) and I think they came out with a nice sport coupe, not a sports car though, because its got a more flexible cargo area and ...4 doors hehehehe
    <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: production?

I love the 4 door super car concept..reminds me of what BMW does with the M5 =)
    Super family sedan =P

But hell..I like how practical this car is...and the shape..wow..can you say sleek? =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: production?

I always love the rotary engine, but this crap was just a copy from S2000. I was so disappointed.