Pure brutality

Discussion in '1999 Lotus 340R' started by JAR JAR BINKS, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This is what designers have to do more often.. just go out of their mind!! It reminds me a lot of the Ford Indigo though

2. Re: Pure brutality

this car is hot. by the way, it says it's 5speed auto, not true, 5 speed manual. Lotus never made an automatic transmition (thanks god)<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Pure brutality

I agree, this is something fresh. And beautiful... In fact I've seen on of these things for real and it sounds good for a fourbanger.

keep the faith

4. Re: Pure brutality

Sniper, you say that you have never seen one, but believe me when you do, it will blow your mind, and the ride in it is amazing.

5. #5 l0z3r, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  6. Re: Pure brutality

this is one of the most unique cars that ive seen in a long time. and its not to goddy like other cars when designers go out of their mind. it reminds me of a spider ready to attack something.

7. Re: Pure brutality

This car is amazing and it is a shame that you never see them on the road.

8. Re: Pure brutality

No, you don't see them that much, but I had the pleasure of riding in one, when a customer brought one in for a service and a new mudflap, and he let me have a ride in it when it went for the test drive.

9. Re: Pure brutality

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from caniak</i>
    <b>Sniper, you say that you have never seen one, but believe me when you do, it will blow your mind, and the ride in it is amazing.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dude I did see that car, and it did blew my mind (still hurts...) I stood there and stared at this machine like half an hour or so... Simply beautifull car.

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Pure brutality

Its just too bad i live in the wrong country.

11. Re: Pure brutality

You said it blew your mind. How do you think I felt when I had the pleasure of sitting behind the wheel, starting it up, and then working on the car.(I didn't drive cause I am not insured at work)

12. Re: Pure brutality

Lotus rules all
    This car has windows 4 doors-sweet

13. Re: Pure brutality

That is a tight ass car...where do you guys live that see them all the time?

14. Re: Pure brutality

I live in Belgium, and I saw one. It was a test or something for a car magazine. Again, this is an awesome car. and to the guy who said he was in the car, you're one lucky bastard.

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Pure brutality

Which car do you think would be more fun to drive? This or Mclearan<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Pure brutality

I'M TIRED OF TALKIN TO ASSHOLES WHO LOVE THOSE CRAPPY JAPENESE CARS OR VIPERS AND THAT KINDA SHITY CARS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT REAL SPORTS CARS THEN TALK ABOUT A LAMBORGHINI, A FERRARI, AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW BUGATTI EB 16/4 VEYRON WHICH IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR RIGHT NOW, **** THE MCLAREN F1 OR STUPID ASS CHEVROLET CALLAWAY SLEDGEHAMMER CORVETTE.

THE VIPER IS REALLY UNDERPOWERED BECAUSE IT HAS A HUDGE V10 BUT A BMW V8 OR A PORSCHE 6CYLINDERS TWIN TURBO ENGINE WOULD BEAT IT. AND DON'T SAY ANY THING ABOUT A TUNED VIPER OR RACING VIPER CUZ IF THEY HAVE TO TUNE A V10 TO GET IT TO PERFORM GOOD THEN THEY REALLY HAVE PROBLEMS.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKIN TO ME ABOUT A SUBARU. THEY SUCK. PEOPLE ARE COMPARING IT TO A BMW, BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE STUFF LIKE TOPSPEED OR QUALITY AND STUFF LIKE THAT CUZ THEY KNOW THAT THE BMW WOULD WIN. AND IT'S AWD SYSTEM IS REALLY OLD, MY GRANDFATHER HAD A LANCIA DELTA WITH THE SAME AWD 25 YEARS AGO.

JAPENESE CARS SUCK MY LEFT NUT,
    AMERICANS HAVE GREAT CARS (CAMARO, TRANS AM...) AND SOME SHITY CARS (VIPERS, CORVETTES)
    EURO CARS ARE THE BEST.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Pure brutality

hey a-hole what kinda idiot says cars from (insert country here) sux
    go back to the hole you crawled out of
    and take your caps lock off

18. Re: Pure brutality

yeah bugatti dude,
    shut up!
    it wasn't for nothing that u were banned under ur previous name.
    this car ROCKS, kinda like an elise but different.
    they both are beutiful, have great handling and are light.
    I dunno whihc I prefer.
    given the choice, I'd get this tho.
    man, this car is just, well, exotic.
    I'd rather drive this than a McLaren anyday.
    I don't htink the McLaren is that good anyway.
    This thing is sweet<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Pure brutality

i love this especaly the exposed anodized exhaust. everything about this car screams wow

20. #20 NeoGoatboy, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Pure brutality

The 340R is cool car but the Lotus Expose is quicker using the same engine but the weight is down to just over 500KG. 0-60mph is sub 4 secs

It worth checking out the Ofical sight for more pics of the 340R.
    www.lotuscars.co.uk

They also have pics of the elise race series.

21. Re: Pure brutality

<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Pure brutality

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Analogic</i>
    <b>Which car do you think would be more fun to drive? This or Mclearan</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->This

23. Re: Pure brutality

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S7-311</i>
    <b>Lotus rules all
    This car has windows 4 doors-sweet</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It doesn't have doors. You step into it.

24. Re: Pure brutality

Yeah. I really like this car. It would be so much fun to drive. Maybe someday I will see one in person.