Re: 0-100kph?

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari F2002' started by Clem, Aug 9, 2002.

1. F1 is the fastest track racing car on earth
    0-100 1.7-2.9s
    0-225 5s
    0-300 10.xs

5g in skid pad
    2.4-2.6g in race track

2. Yeah Cobrahead, it's your car and you happened to have a professional photographer around your private studio to make him shoot your steering wheel in the exact same way as the Ferrari PR-photographer.
    But that is only pocket money for a cosmopolite like you are, who has driven Indycars and Formula Ones.
    Oh, I admire you...

3. If any one wants to know how fast a formula 1 car go's.
    Ask Jos Verstappen he is the bestest formula one-starter from the year 2001 he over took more than 81 drivers in 17 races in the first couple of laps!

So what about I would think a F1 car whill be capable of reaching a 100 KPH in about 2 seconds!

Oohw and If any one wants to know the top speed of the Ferrari F2002 316.5 KPH Set on Mugello!

Greets,<!-- Signature -->

4. oh and cobra head, did you get them to impose the supercars.net hologram on the bottom left hand corner aswell???

Lying F#$K Head

5. i'd say rallying must be harder. F1 drivers have two driving environments: wet, dry. not like rally's mud, gravel, tarmac, snow etc... a rally driver could be competitive in F1, an F1 driver won't do too good in the WRC. as richard burns said "we have a much woder spectrum than them..."<!-- Signature -->

6. I've heard that a top Formula 1 car can go 0-60mph in a little under 2.0 sec to a little under 3.0 sec, & 0-100-0mph in under 6.0 Sec.. As far as the best drivers I would have to say Formula 1 drivers are better than Rally drivers of course that is just my opinion. Now when they had the Groupe B rally cars I would have said that the rally car drivers were better. Of course some people claimed that the Groupe B cars were too fast, I hate it when people whine about race cars being too fast. Racing is supposed to be fast that's why it's called racing.

7. modern WRC rally cars are actually now faster than the Group B cars.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Torque Monster</i>
    <b>600kgs incl driver crap, weight of the car dry is 600kg minimum.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No, F1 cars weigh 600kg including driver and all fluids (except fuel.)

9. Road and Track did a test of the Jaguar R1 and posted the results like this:

0-60mph: 2.7 seconds
    0-100mph: 4.2 seconds
    1/4 mile: 9.4 seconds @181 mph

of course, these numbers are going to vary from car to car and track to track. and this was 2 years ago. now they have traction control, launch control, and all sorts of other advancements in technology. i wouldn't doubt that at some places they would do sub-2 second 0-60 runs.

10. All right, to you all!!! And also for you timbim85??? (whatever). Of course that's not a picture of my car. I haven't said that, I only have got a car. Another thing is that I've never done any races in F!-cars and Indy cars. I've won a weekendtrip to Zandvoort (NL) where a couple a people were allowed to drive a F! car and an Indy car under supervision of course, you couldn't go any faster than 100 mph. About the money? I've got a good job!!! May be this will clear it up a little.

11. Yeah sure you have a ferrari! Your probably some janitor at some old high school! lol jk<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cobrahead</i>
    <b>...
    And about that ferrari steerwheel shaney???, that's my car. I've never said ferrari sucks!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you don't wanna be misunderstood, make yourself clear. Any Jury would plead you guilty for claiming the steering wheel belongs to your car if you express yourself that way.

And even if I would believe your story about your F1-ride, these opportunities exist but the cars driven there are more than 10 years old so that doesn't give you any clue of todays cars.

But like most other people here I think you're just a little boy who has seen this on t.v.

13. And you're totally right about that!

14. well usually its 0 to 100 to 0 MPH and in 4 seconds, thats insanely fast

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tim851</i>
    <b>You guys ever watched a Formula One race?
    The do a STANDING START.
    And everybody will do ANYTHING to win this start, because overtaking is the hardest thing in F1-Racing and hardly occurs, so they ARE geared for the fastest possible acceleration from 0 - next breaking point. And this is important on every track, except maybe "Hockenheim" which offers 1 extremely long straight coming of the MotoDrome, so if you geared the 1st gear longer and use it when accelerating of the last corner you maybe 2-3 kph faster at the end.

Snyper: Where did you get the 1.7s from?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    sorry i took so long to get back but i have alot of stuff to do, but i found it on the web somewhere, i cant tell you where but i think that is was in a formula1 forum at another website, however i do watch F1 quite a bit and was stunned to see the records that were posted, however it is possible for F1 cars to achieve faster times but it would not make any sense as they have to set up the cars for the whole race not just the start, so peace and i hope you find it, peace<!-- Signature -->

16. arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olymics even if you win your still retarded.

17. Hey Cobrahead, just shut up. F1 cars have much stricter regulations and your Indy cars only go fast in a straight line not around turns like F1 cars.<!-- Signature -->

18. Are you American muscel or American Muscle?<!-- Signature -->

19. sorry about the name had to mispell it so it would accept it

20. i do watch formula 1, every other weekend, practically for the past 8 years of my life. yes, id say the start is one of the most important parts of the race, but if you gear it totally for the start, you'll get killed on the long straight. i dont think you can really say the car is "geared" for the start. its pretty hard to mess up an 850 hp engine no matter what you do to it. rumor has it that bmw could have an engine to produce 900 hp for qualifying. thats AAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAZING. for a 3 litre engine, thast 300 hp/L. thats unbelievable. also, the tires they use in f1 arent slicks, they have 4 symetrical grooves and the ruling is that by the end of a stint, if the car doesnt have one groove left on each tire, it is disqualified.

21. I dunno what's the hype all about. As far as i'm concerned this shouldn't even be an argument. We will never find out what these cars are capable of because the teams dont go around blabbering their mouths about the specs nor performance of these machines. All we can do is make an estimate. So who ever said 1.7 or 1.9 or 2.0. you guys are just wasting your time. Oh and also, whoever said that F1 sux. please stop being an idiot and watch the darn races. I doubt you will ever compare F1 to CART after watching one

22. They aren't allowed to be pushed in the pits during a race. During practice/qualifying they may push them sometimes, to preserve the clutch and prevent stalling, the cars are doing way more standing starts during practice & qualifying than in a race and aren't designed for this really, so a push helps. But race time, no push just light tyres! (Helps scrub the new slicks to if spun to warm a little on take off!) Pushing a car from pits even if they were allowed would only be too slow anyway. 2 sec's is a lot in F1.

23. i agree with cobrahead unless you have accually driven the car dont judge it, you stupid kids have no idea what o-60 in 2 secs acctually feels like, you guys just say oh no its only 0-60 in 6 secs ohh that so slow, well your wrong thats faster then all most all yours or your parents cars. The first time i got inside one the feeling was incredible being sucked to the back of your seat.

24. Hell it's fast ok, no one knows the EXACT figure except Ferrari, but they change all the time with the different gear ratios they use for different tracks. And as the last bloke said if u've been under 6sec 0-100km/h u'll know it's not slow, so don't diss them or any car for that matter, you may not like them but don't say "ohhh this car is the most crappest pice of SH!T on the road.."
    later<!-- Signature -->

25. to cruisin101 : actually many of we "kids" do know what it feels like! I am an 18 year old car freak who has been blessed with many car enthusiast friends, I have pulled 60 in 6 seconds before and I DO know what it feels like (i've driven a 4th gen. 200hp Prelude and a modified 1st gen 240SX). It isn't the g-force-blinding speed you described. However, I have not yet driven (key word: "yet") another friends 11 second (clocked 1/4 mile was 11.4sec at M.I.R.) mustang, although I did ride in it, and THAT was the pinned-back-in-your-seat g-forces that you speak of. Please refrain from insulting the youth, we do have lives, and many of us DO know what it feels like to drive a "fast" (in your opinion) car.

to eleanor!: great name man, Gone in 60 seconds, correct?

to cobrahead or whatever your name is: you might want to get your lies straight before posting them on the web next time.

---and in my opinion, why argue about what motorsport is most difficult? CART is obviously not easy (although NASCAR sure looks it! lol, i know you damn rednecks are gonna have a field day with that comment!), WRC DEFINITELY required extreme skill, as does F1, just in a different way, piloting an F2002 at break-neck cornering speeds and g-forces with lightning quick reflexes can't be easy! hell, the drivers have personal trainers to keep them in top shape! but this is all just speculation, don't listen to me if you don'r want to...unless you have driven both an F1 car and an Indy car, HAHAHA j/k cobrahead!!<!-- Signature -->